ADVERTISEMENT

1,000 Point Scorers

LukeFeddersen

Jun 14, 2001
Add any others by replying to this thread.

Congratulations to Keaton Van Soelen of Des Moines Christian going over the 1,000 point career mark last night.

Congratulations to Allis Tahahwah of Meskwaki as he passed 1000 career points last night!

Cordell Pemsl on Friday night in a 67- 52 win over Waterloo East scored 27 points to become Dubuque Wahlert's all-time career scoring leader (breaking Eric May's record) with a total of 1, 378 points.

PV's Will Carius went over 1200 points and 600 rebounds for his career on Friday 1/29

Andy Geelan GTRA, Tanner Youngburg Pocahontas Area L-M, and Conner Conrad Southeast Valley all from same conference and all went over 1000 about same time in early Jan......

Doug Heritage went over 1,000 on Monday night against Osky and also became DC-G's all-time leading scorer.

Austin Roetman went over this week making that 4 from the Twin Lakes Conference this year.

Josh Van Lingen has gone over 1500 for Western Christian.
2 games away from surpassing Trevor Wolterstorff as the all-time scorer for Western (already has the rebounding title).
He's a double-double machine.

Looks like VanLingen also has the school record for blocked shots with 189 in his career to go along with 938 rebounds and 1,549 points as of today. Seems like he has a shot at getting over 1,000 rebounds, which would be impressive. I hadn't realized this until I poked around on quikstats, but it looks like he's also leading the team in assists this year, which I didn't expect to see.

VanLingen and Burnside had a great battle in WC 70-65 victory vs Heelan. Van Lingen with 30 pts and 13 rbs , Burnside with 29pts, 5 assists and 4 steals. Best two players in Northwest Iowa, with mention to Jansen at MOC, Murrell at SC East and Jay Small at Hinton.

VanLingen and Burnside had a great battle in WC 70-65 victory vs Heelan. Van Lingen with 30 pts and 13 rbs , Burnside with 29pts, 5 assists and 4 steals. Best two players in Northwest Iowa, with mention to Jansen at MOC, Murrell at SC East and Jay Small at Hinton.
Any word where Burnside will be playing next year?
He could be the Steph Curry of the GPAC, but I'm guessing he has his sights set higher.

Le Mars Junior Trenton Hillbrands had another big night last night pouring in 37 against Emmetsburg which puts him over 1,000 for his career. With another year to go, it will be interesting to see what he ends up with. You could throw him in the mix for one of best players in Northwest Iowa.

Le Mars Junior Trenton Hillbrands had another big night last night pouring in 37 against Emmetsburg which puts him over 1,000 for his career. With another year to go, it will be interesting to see what he ends up with. You could throw him in the mix for one of best players in Northwest Iowa.
Certainly most improved player !

Not to rain on anyone's parade, but is the 1000 point accomplishment still what it used to be? Maybe it should be 1500. It wasn't that long ago when freshmen rarely started on varsity. Now, many times out of necessity(lack of numbers) in smaller schools, it common for players to start all four years of high school. Doesn't seem to be the rarity it used to be. Still a milestone, but don't really know if it says a lot.

Didn't say he did. Try reading my post again. I said it is not as uncommon as it used to be. Agree or not...I don't care. Would love to see a comparison of the number of 4a 1000 pt scorers and the number of 1000 point scorers in smaller schools. Granted..there are a lot more smaller schools. My point is...it doesn't say a whole lot about the type of player they are. Especially if someone is a high volume shooter on a bad team for example..it's just a marker..congrats to all the 1000 pt scorers!!!!

Last edited:
So why post about it? Regardless if it's uncommon or not. Let Uncle John enjoy lil Timmy's accolade. No need to discredit anyone as it is a forum board about 1000 point scorers. When/if they do reach 1500, that'll be acknowledged too.

Discredit anyone? Lol Go celebrate uncle Johnny. Have fun. Tell Timmy congrats. There!!! Feel better now? Go Mesquaki!!! I hope every player reaches 1000 points!!!! Everything is so serious isn't it?

Lol great maturity level by stooping down to the sarcasm of a middle schooler. Its clearly serious enough to you to take offense to what I posted. Tough for you to have a thick skin on the internet? Take it for what it is, it's a 1000 point scorer forum post, if don't think it's impressive enough, go create a post for your 1500 point scorer. As for every player scoring 1000 at Meskwaki, it isn't possible, good try though!

Someone may want to confirm this but.....I'm pretty sure Derrick Howard from the Clinton River Kings reached 1,000 career points against Davenport Central last night. Congratulations to him....Great Kid!

Granger Kingland Lake Mills finished regular season with 577 pts and 27.5 pts per game, to lead 2A and possibly the entire state. Quik Stats. He has over 1400 pts in 3 seasons of play. Broke Iowa State Football and Basketball Scholarship athlete Andy Stensrud's all time scoring record, pts in game and pts. in season. Fine player and humble youg man.

Granger Kingland Lake Mills finished regular season with 577 pts and 27.5 pts per game, to lead 2A and possibly the entire state. Quik Stats. He has over 1400 pts in 3 seasons of play. Broke Iowa State Football and Basketball Scholarship athlete Andy Stensrud's all time scoring record, pts in game and pts. in season. Fine player and humble youg man.
Congrats...That's great!!!!!

Jordan Japenga of Hartley-Melvin-Sanborn finished his career last night with 994. Know it's not officially 1000, but he was a great player on an extremely deep and well-rounded team.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT