ADVERTISEMENT

Your four teams that could win a title

PNation

Varsity
Aug 15, 2010
I'm going to ask this on every board, in 4A I really think there are only two, but in order mine are

1. Valley
2. Dowling
3. CR Washington
4. Centennial

Valley or Dowling vs. the field. Does anyone take the field?

Plenty of really good teams in the east, but not at the same level as those two from what I've seen. The east side representative is a wide open race.

If O'rien Vance is healthy, Wash will get another shot at the title. They have a great defense.

Maybe the most talented team is Iowa City West. With Lane and Martin behind a great ol. But they always have talent...

Bettendorf is a lot better than they were early in the season.

The full playoff weeks are a disadvantage for Prairie. On a short week their gimmicky trick offense would have been really tough. They don't have any of the d1 calibur athletes of the teams above.

Waterloo West has the D1 kid at qb, great wr, and good backs. They don't have experience in big games, or the top notch defense. This week vs Wash will answer some questions.

Valley
Dowling
Valley
Dowling

I swear I am not trying to start a fight east side teams but the championship game could be a running clock if the state doesn't have these 2 in the finals.

This eastside guy has to agree with westside rules. Those two West Des Moines teams are in a league of their own. I'm pulling for Waterloo West (some relatives went there) but they don't have the playoff experience.

To prove I can be intellectually honest look at the3A board ( same question) I picked Xavier in a rout.
Just calling it like I see it.

I like cr wash when Vance is healthy but if not the team as a whole seems to lose swagger, I believe Waterloo west could compete against valley or dowling due to big play guys, same goes for ic west but I agree the two west Des Moines teams are on a whole different level

Dowling and West Des Moines are by far the two best teams in the state and I think that any team planning to compete or beat them will have to play near perfect and have to have a ton of things go there way to get a victory. My question is, out of all the teams on the east side, which team do you think has the best chance to put up a fight or possibly beat one of these powerhouses?

@dubco reviews.... what makes you think a second tier team is going to win the east side and what teams do you believe have a shot? Also, if that does manage to happen and a second tier team does win the east, would they even have a chance of competing against the west side?

@dubco reviews.... what makes you think a second tier team is going to win the east side and what teams do you believe have a shot? Also, if that does manage to happen and a second tier team does win the east, would they even have a chance of competing against the west side?
I think all of the 2nd tier teams have a shot mostly ic west I like the talent they bring to the table

I see a 2nd tier team winning the east side (ic west/Kennedy, cedar falls/cr wash, western Dubuque/pv, and city high)

I'm confused by your post.

Wash, IC West, Kennedy, Cedar Falls, City High, Bettendorf, are your first tier in the east. Obviously, Wash has been the best, then Bett, and Cedar Falls seems to be trending down. But basically those are your teams.

I'm confused by your post.

Wash, IC West, Kennedy, Cedar Falls, City High, Bettendorf, are your first tier in the east. Obviously, Wash has been the best, then Bett, and Cedar Falls seems to be trending down. But basically those are your teams.
What I mean Is a team that gets second in there respected district and would have to play a first tier( team that gets first in district) team

IC West has a some playmakers, not sure I would go with 'great' for either side of their line. Dowling and Valley have too much for anyone on the east side to challenge. Would number 3 from the west dominate the east?

Assuming Cent is 3 which I think they are they would beat the top east team quite easily, I do think teams 4-6 would be excellent games (ankeny, waukee and a host of others) against east top teams.
Just the opposite in 3a, east side is better.

Assuming Cent is 3 which I think they are they would beat the top east team quite easily, I do think teams 4-6 would be excellent games (ankeny, waukee and a host of others) against east top teams.
Just the opposite in 3a, east side is better.

Is it the same in 2A and 1A as well? It is interesting watching the east-west discussion. Currently it looks like Dowling and Valley and some think Centennial are carrying the banner for all the west where the east is a little more balanced across the rest of the classes?

Having watched a lot of different West Teams this year ( I have no home team just a fan) I would say there is a Top Tier that is really really good, 3 teams. There then is a second tier that is very good ( made up of 3 possibly 4 teams) then there is everyone else. I think what Westside was saying is the 2nd Tier (3-4 teams) would be the match-ups that would be fun to watch against the east top teams.
Not seeing any of the east teams I can't judge however I can say, they better be big, deep. fast and skilled! The top 3 from the West are Outstanding Teams all capable of winning the title.

I want to see Centennial and Waterloo West.

I'm not sold on Waterloo West. The only time I saw them, they were on TV playing Jefferson. Jefferson had them for most of the game, looked every bit as good, and fell apart at the end. They are a good team for sure, similar to last year when Fort Dodge was unbeaten deep in the season.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT