ADVERTISEMENT

Who should be #1 now?

I think it's gotta be CR Wash at this point. They absolutely steamrolled an undefeated Linn-Mar team that was starting to generate some chatter out east.

1. Wash
2. Bettendorf
3. Dowling
4. Valley
5. Waukee

I still think Dowling wins it all this year, but they definitely deserve to fall at least a little bit in this week's polls.

Heck Luke I thought you might put North Scott there.
They did manage to hang with about the 5th best team in the CR/IC area. Not bad for most of the former MAC teams..

Register will have CRW #1, they seem to only rank Bettendorf #1 when have no choice!!!
AP will Probably have Bettendorf #1, CRW #2

As of now, there's not much distance between Bettendorf and Washington to make a call.

Scores so far:

Bett 41 Assumption 6
Bett 48 City High 17
Bett 37 Pleasant Valley 14
Bett 47 Davenport Central 17 ............ average score 48-13

CRW 43 Jefferson 26
CRW 41 Kennedy 7
CRW 28 Iowa City West 0
CRW 43 Linn Mar 3 .......................... average score 44-9

If anything, I would assess Wash's schedule as being a bit tougher than Bettendorf's, at least so far. I think Kennedy, West and LinnMar are all pretty good teams (despite Kennedy being 0-4) while I wouldn't put Davenport Central or City High up with those three. Not this year's City High team anyway.

Wash doesn't have too many challenges ahead, with Muscatine, Ottumwa (how good are they, I wonder?), Prairie, City High and Burlington. Bettendorf still has Iowa City West and North Scott to play, along with Clinton, Dubuque Senior and Davenport West. If both these teams don't finish 9-0 I will be surprised.

This post was edited on 9/21 8:40 AM by KidSilverhair

Originally posted by KidSilverhair:
As of now, there's not much distance between Bettendorf and Washington to make a call.

Scores so far:

Bett 41 Assumption 6
Bett 48 City High 17
Bett 37 Pleasant Valley 14
Bett 47 Davenport Central 17 ............ average score 48-13

CRW 43 Jefferson 26
CRW 41 Kennedy 7
CRW 28 Iowa City West 0
CRW 43 Linn Mar 3 .......................... average score 44-9

If anything, I would assess Wash's schedule as being a bit tougher than Bettendorf's, at least so far. I think Kennedy, West and LinnMar are all pretty good teams (despite Kennedy being 0-4) while I wouldn't put Davenport Central or City High up with those three. Not this year's City High team anyway.

Wash doesn't have too many challenges ahead, with Muscatine, Ottumwa (how good are they, I wonder?), Prairie, City High and Burlington. Bettendorf still has Iowa City West and North Scott to play, along with Clinton, Dubuque Senior and Davenport West. If both these teams don't finish 9-0 I will be surprised.

This post was edited on 9/21 8:40 AM by KidSilverhair
Can't underestimate Muscatine. If you are bad in rush defense you are in for some issues.

Pleasant Valley is still a mystery to me. I thought they were the best 0-3 team by far, but I expected a bigger win against Kennedy.

Kennedy is battling Jefferson this week for worst Cedar Rapids school... Prairie beat Jeff and doesn't play Kennedy so Kennedy is worst if they lose and Jeff is worst if they lose.

CR Wash has the best win by far in IC West I think.

North Scott isn't the offensive powerhouse many expected this year and though still the 2nd best in the MAC I would say they are just an above average team.

Neither team should be expected to lose. I will base who is better after analyzing stats from the IC West game and then comparing scores of the other games. They seem pretty even though.

Washington is the new #1 in the Register poll with Bett #2 and Valley in at #3.
Washington was aided by a familiar name, Lombardi, when Valley upended Dowling.

http://metrosportsreport.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=22576:warriors-jump-to-top-in-4a-football&catid=184:about-msr

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT