ADVERTISEMENT

Who moves onto the Dome?

LukeFeddersen

Jun 14, 2001
What teams do you feel will be making a run to Cedar Falls among the final eight left?

All I can say is, if Decorah comes out and plays an inspired game like they did against Xavier, with the line blocking so well and the ground game clicking ... they probably still get rolled by West Delaware. Roussell can fall out of bed and get his 200 yards and 3 TDs, like clockwork. The Hawks are just too much, and I think a West Delaware-Pella matchup in the Dome will be intriguing.

Even on the road, Pella should handle Assumption.

I know next to nothing about the other two matchups. Dallas Center-Grimes vs Norwalk should be the game of the night, I think. Webster City and Sergeant Bluff-Luton ... I dunno. Anybody who can knock off Heelan gets mad props, but it looked like Carroll was giving SBL a lot of trouble before their quarterback got hurt. I don't know anything about Webster City except that they're 11-0.

Tough calls in the quarters. Four good games.

Webster City @ SBL -- Maybe it end up like another arena league football game for SBL like last night! That had to be quite the entertaining game to watch. SBL with 710 yards of offense. Wow. But, they also gave up 650 yards. Webster City had a very comfortable win. All they do is keep winning. This looks like a great game. I honestly have no idea who will win this. I'll go with SBL as they are at home and look to be very explosive. SBL 47 Webster City 42

Norwalk @ DCG -- Great matchup between two very solid teams who are in the same conference (3 Little Hawkeye teams in the elite 8, not bad). These guys have seen each other in many sports, so are no strangers. DCG is a veteran, tough team who continue to roll despite the loss of their starting QB. Norwalk is very physical and has an excellent passing game. I think this will be a lower scoring game with lots of defense. The game hinges on Norwalk's passing game. If they get it going, they will win. DCG has a stout defense, but I will pick the visitors. Norwalk 21 DCG 17

Decorah @ West Delaware -- How 'bout those Vikings! Tough road wins in first two rounds. Very impressive end of the season for them. But, the road will end here. West Delaware rolls. WD 35 Decorah 14

Pella @ Assumption -- Intriguing match-up. Long road game for the Dutch. Argo is healthy again for DA and that really helps them. He had over 200 yards rushing in first half last night. He makes that offense go. Pella continues to roll with an offense that is very tough to stop. As seen last night, they will give up some points, but outscoring them is a monumental task. Both teams will get their yards and their points, but I think Pella will just be a bit better. Pella 35 Assumption 24

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT