ADVERTISEMENT

Who is the best player in this class that no one is talking about?

I'll throw out Isaiah Vaughn from Union. As a sophomore he is #4 in 2A for rushing yards, but has 1/2-2/3 the carries as others in the top 10, averaging nearly 8 yards per carry. Tonight against AP he added to this with 241 yards on 17 carries (14 yards per carry).

Chandler diercks of clear lake. All the kid does is make plays. No one in the district has been able to contain him yet. He doesn't pile up huge stats because cl spreads the ball around so much but every time he touches the ball hes a threat to take it the distance.

I'm starting to wonder who is going to challenge Clear Lake in 2A this year. They seem very strong and I'm not sure who is in their league right now. There are plenty of solid teams, but many of them are beating up on each other at this point.

Hampton in a few weeks should be a good game. They've been bit by the injury bug though unfortunately. Playoffs anything can happen.

Between Holloway and Erickson they have 975 yards on 94 carries and 14 td's before tonight. Over 10 yards per carry and splitting them evenly.

Originally posted by UnionFootballFan:

I'm starting to wonder who is going to challenge Clear Lake in 2A this year. They seem very strong and I'm not sure who is in their league right now. There are plenty of solid teams, but many of them are beating up on each other at this point.
As someone else mentioned, Hampton should give them a good test. And assuming Clear Lake gets to the Dome, they'll be seeing teams like Spirit Lake, Sioux Center, New Hampton and North Fayette Valley. Any one of those teams is good enough to beat Clear Lake, IMO.

I would add Mediapolis and Williamsburg to that list. This weekend will make the picture clearer.

I'm not sure Mepo is quite on that level, but I keep forgetting Williamsburg is in 2A this year.

If you consider Williamsburg then Mepo would be considered, too. Those 2 teams were evenly matched when they played in week 3.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT