ADVERTISEMENT

Who is the best in-state HS player over the last ten years that did not....

LukeFeddersen

Jun 14, 2001
Who is the best in-state HS player that you have seen within this class over the last ten years that did not go Division I?

Wes Burnside - Union He was a beast in the 2011 season when Union won the State Championship in 3A. Went to JUCO for a couple of years and believe he is at UNI now.

Burnside, with all due respect, is not a D1 athlete. He would be a nice NAIA or possible D2 athlete.

David Johnson, at UNI, is talented enough to be starting for either ISU or Iowa right now. We can argue about UNI being D-1 etc but it's not.

UNI has had a few others I'm sure. Morningside and Grandview may have had 1 or 2 as well over the years.

There have been several that have gone to NWMSU.

Originally posted by VickVega:
Burnside, with all due respect, is not a D1 athlete. He would be a nice NAIA or possible D2 athlete.

David Johnson, at UNI, is talented enough to be starting for either ISU or Iowa right now. We can argue about UNI being D-1 etc but it's not.

UNI has had a few others I'm sure. Morningside and Grandview may have had 1 or 2 as well over the years.

There have been several that have gone to NWMSU.
1. This thread isn't asking what D-1 talent didn't go D-1. It's asking who was the best player who didn't go D-1. Say all the guys who were D-1 caliber actually went on to play D-1. There would still be the next best player, which is who this thread is looking for.

2. Luke asked who was the best player not to go D-1 from this class (2A). David Johnson played at Clinton (4A).

If UNI isn't D1 than I will go with Tyler Starr or Jordan Gacke who were both on the same talented team. To bad they were the same age as Morris and bunch from Solon.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT