ADVERTISEMENT

Who is the best in-state HS player over the last ten years that did not....

LukeFeddersen

Jun 14, 2001
Who is the best in-state HS player that you have seen within this class over the last ten years that did not go Division I?

Levi Ferguson. Granted, he could have gone D-1 in football and instead went in baseball, but he's technically eligible for this.

Great athlete. Was he ever offered in football? Somewhat undersized for D1. Where do you think he would have played position wise?

He may never have been offered for football, I don't know for sure. But I bet he could have stuck at someplace like UNI as a safety in the Bob Sanders mold.

Ferguson is definitely one for sure. Cody Matthewson from Madrid is another one that comes to mind. I believe Matthewson could've put up Ferguson type numbers had he not split carries with the likes of Burt, Andersen, Wickett, etc.

Jake Waters of CBSA. Went to IWCC for Juco and is now starting QB at Kansas State...so technically he didnt go DI, but wound up there.

No doubt. Hefty definitely was D-I material. Another outstanding season and he might get some NFL consideration.

Another name that came to mind was Denzel Van Sant from BGM. Coach Burns stuck with the run game his senior season with Mike Long and some of Long's success was due to the focus opposing defenses had to put on DVS and preventing him from burning them deep or getting loose off of the bubble screen.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT