ADVERTISEMENT

Who had the most impressive first round victory?

I think the only real candidate is also the "biggest upset" with Western Christian routing Emmetsburg 41-21 in a game that wasn't even as close as the final score says. It's a 3 beating a 2, but it is Emmetsburg at home and the Wolfpack controlled that game.

Central Decatur is also a mild upset but they've been on fire the last couple weeks and Pella Christian, while a decent team, wasn't the strongest 2-seed.

Outside of Regina, Sigourney-Keota might've had the best performance of the 3 D6 teams that lost tonight (all by 24+ pts).

Originally posted by DarkThunder#61:
I think the only real candidate is also the "biggest upset" with Western Christian routing Emmetsburg 41-21 in a game that wasn't even as close as the final score says. It's a 3 beating a 2, but it is Emmetsburg at home and the Wolfpack controlled that game.

Central Decatur is also a mild upset but they've been on fire the last couple weeks and Pella Christian, while a decent team, wasn't the strongest 2-seed.

Outside of Regina, Sigourney-Keota might've had the best performance of the 3 D6 teams that lost tonight (all by 24+ pts).
SK played well, but scored on WB's 2nd team to make it closer.

Even bigger now considering WB beat Bellevue bad during the regular season and the fact that DNH beat them worse in the playoffs when it matters. I hate to say this but I am smelling Upset Alert!

Originally posted by bintrain45:

Even bigger now considering WB beat Bellevue bad during the regular season and the fact that DNH beat them worse in the playoffs when it matters. I hate to say this but I am smelling Upset Alert!

Don't get to confident on that. DNH has had success this year because they shutdown the pass, but they do give up some yards on the ground. South Winn couldn't throw the ball, but they spread the carries out over 5-6 guys and all averaged over 5+ per carry.

West Branch likes to sling it against the softer teams, which has been a lot of them this year, but they depend on Lenoch to carry them against the better teams.

Ryan Hageman and Eric Stoakes both have a significant size advantage over Luke Lenoch though. I believe Stoakes from GR is the brother of Evan Stoakes TE from Simpson, but I may be wrong.

It should be a solid game. If DNH can disrupt things in the trenches like they usually do then they will have a chance.

Originally posted by maxstabs13:
Originally posted by bintrain45:

West Branch likes to sling it against the softer teams, which has been a lot of them this year, but they depend on Lenoch to carry them against the better teams.

WB by 3 scores.
How's that for an upset? :)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT