Way Too Early Projections Class 3A

PNation

Varsity
Aug 15, 2010
Here is my take on 3A

District 1
Favorite: Sioux Center
Challengers: BHRV, MOC-FV

Honestly, this is a big time toss up district for me and not necessarily for a good reason, I don't see a ton of strength out of this district, I think Sioux Center returns a nice nucleus, I took BHRV because of having a young team last year, and I though MOC was solid last year

District 2:
Favorite: Humboldt
Challengers: Webster City, Hampton Dumont/CAL

Again this is a toss up district, I think every team other then probably Charles City has a good chance of competing for the title. I think Humboldt checks the most boxes for me, Webster City has been so consistent, and HD returns a ton off of a 3A playoff team.

District 3
Favorite: Independence
Challengers: Central DeWitt, West Delaware

Pretty solid district top to bottom, Indee returns quite a bit from a solid playoff team last year, I think the same about Central DeWitt, and I will take West Delaware next due to tradition. I think Wahlert loses some key pieces and moving up may hurt them.

District 4
Favorite: Mount Vernon
Challengers: Fort Madison, Assumption

I think it is really close between MV and FM, I will give Mount Vernon the edge with their big game experience, but they do have to replace more. Fort Madison returns quite a bit from a 4A playoff team. Assumption is always solid.

District 5
Favorite: Benton
Challengers: Solon, Williamsburg

I went with Benton as the favorite just because I think there is more known about them, but all 3 teams I think will be good, Solon and Williamsburg have been very good for such a long time, I don't see them dropping off. Grinnell has benefited from a weak district the last two years they are next but not up to the level of the top 3.

District 6
Favorite: Harlan
Challengers: Creston, Nevada

Harlan loses a lot, but I think they are back as a program so I will give them the benefit of the doubt. Creston looks like they have some talent back, and Nevada has steadily been building a very nice program.

thks PNation

harlan loses a ton, maybe 3 or 4 back on defense and offense...Sears will be back, will probably be all state 3a receiver next year, if harlans qb is anygood. noah smitz will be back at running back , he is very good and played in evry game last year......it will hard to replace the team they have had in the last 2 years, a very talented bunch of players...harlans reserves played very good against some #1,s last year, and cyclones freshmen teams in the past few years very good..i believe the offense has a lot of potential, the defense will be the weaker part of the 2 i believe....i dont see them winning it all this year but they should be competitive with everyone they meet, just not that dominance u saw last year...

Last edited:
Here is my take on 3A

District 1
Favorite: Sioux Center
Challengers: BHRV, MOC-FV

Honestly, this is a big time toss up district for me and not necessarily for a good reason, I don't see a ton of strength out of this district, I think Sioux Center returns a nice nucleus, I took BHRV because of having a young team last year, and I though MOC was solid last year

District 2:
Favorite: Humboldt
Challengers: Webster City, Hampton Dumont/CAL

Again this is a toss up district, I think every team other then probably Charles City has a good chance of competing for the title. I think Humboldt checks the most boxes for me, Webster City has been so consistent, and HD returns a ton off of a 3A playoff team.

District 3
Favorite: Independence
Challengers: Central DeWitt, West Delaware

Pretty solid district top to bottom, Indee returns quite a bit from a solid playoff team last year, I think the same about Central DeWitt, and I will take West Delaware next due to tradition. I think Wahlert loses some key pieces and moving up may hurt them.

District 4
Favorite: Mount Vernon
Challengers: Fort Madison, Assumption

I think it is really close between MV and FM, I will give Mount Vernon the edge with their big game experience, but they do have to replace more. Fort Madison returns quite a bit from a 4A playoff team. Assumption is always solid.

District 5
Favorite: Benton
Challengers: Solon, Williamsburg

I went with Benton as the favorite just because I think there is more known about them, but all 3 teams I think will be good, Solon and Williamsburg have been very good for such a long time, I don't see them dropping off. Grinnell has benefited from a weak district the last two years they are next but not up to the level of the top 3.

District 6
Favorite: Harlan
Challengers: Creston, Nevada

Harlan loses a lot, but I think they are back as a program so I will give them the benefit of the doubt. Creston looks like they have some talent back, and Nevada has steadily been building a very nice program.
In District 5, I would go with Williamsburg. Even with the QB and RB (Douglas) graduating, they return Weisskopf, Steckly and their leading tackler on what is always a very, very tough D. And I'm also guessing the state track meet with show the state they will have speed all over the field this fall to go with quite a bit of talent in their sophomore and freshmen classes. Williamsburg is going to be very, very good!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT