ADVERTISEMENT

Van Meter's Brittain

OHS4life

Freshman
Sep 21, 2001
Is this kid legit or does Van Meter not play much for competition? Either way having 14 home runs in 38 of his hits is impressive.

He is legit. He has great bat speed and power. Some will dismiss him due to the short fence at Van Meter. However, 10 or so of his home runs have come on the road. Also...Van Meter has played and beaten the #7 Class 1A team (at the time) Coon Rapids Bayard twice and also the #7th ranked team in 2A Ogden twice. BTW....he is pretty good on the mound as well.

Not sure what your point here is as I indicated he had "10 or so on the road". Going back through quikstats I happend to be spot on with my guess of 10. Perhaps you missed a game. My point was to show some evidence that supports the notion that this kid hits for power even though Van Meter has a short fence.

Calm down. I think he was validating your point that most of his HRs have come on the road. 9, 10, whatever, the point still remains.

HA! Thanks, Phantom. And yes, that's exactly what I was doing was backing his legitimacy. Sorry, I must have missed one.

I know Brandon personally, have watched him play ball since he was in t-ball, and he is legit, regardless of the size, or lack thereof, of VM's field.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT