ADVERTISEMENT

The End Zone - June 15th

LukeFeddersen

Jun 14, 2001
Please remember and abide by the rules of The End Zone. The End Zone is for Iowa prep fans only. Whatever is said in The End Zone, must stay in The End Zone.

This week's recruiting updates: Brendan Bates, Wesley Willis, Brady Duwa, Ashton Hermann, and Brock Stanek.

Marshalltown quarterback Brendan Bates
Do you want to play sports in college? If so, which one?
“I want to play football in college.”

What colleges have been recruiting you?
“Bemidji State, Minnesota State, Wayne State, Drake, Upper Iowa, Loras, Simpson, and Iowa Central.”

What school is recruiting you the hardest?
“Upper Iowa.”

Have you made any college trips yet?
“I’ve had a few virtual visits, but that’s about it.”

Do you have plans for more trips soon?
“Not at the moment.”

What camps are you planning to do this summer?
“I was going to play for a 7v7 team with Level Up, but it all got cancelled and I’ll go to all the camps I can that don’t get cancelled.”

Did you have a favorite college growing up?
“Iowa State has always been my favorite college.”

Grundy Center defensive end Wesley Willis
“I definitely want to play football in college.”

“I have been talking to a lot of colleges. There are a few D 1-AA including a few Ivy League schools, just about every college in the NSIC, several NAIA & a few D3 colleges.”

“I would say so far Drake, Grandview, Concordia, Wayne State, Dordt and Bemidji have been at it the longest and hardest. I have relationships going with UIU, Mankato, St. Thomas, & Culver-Stockton. Several have jumped in as of late like Morningside & Johns Hopkins.”

Have you made any college trips yet
“Yes, this past fall I visited Wayne State and Kansas Wesleyan. I had plans to visit Drake, Concordia, Mankato, Dordt and St Thomas this spring until the pandemic happened. A lot of colleges have stepped up and have been hosting virtual junior days and having zoom meetings, which I have attended.”

Do you have plans for more trips?
“I have scheduled a trip to Drake and Grandview in July. I have a virtual visit with UIU in June. I am hoping that I will be able to make a few more in person visits to some D2 schools since they are allowed to have recruits on campus, but I am waiting to see what the actual Universities decide before they can be scheduled.”

“Iowa State. Go Cyclones.”

Sigourney-Keota athlete Brady Duwa
Yes, absolutely. It has been my dream to play college football for as long as I can remember. Every time I put on a uniform I feel like a hero and I would love to keep that going through college. I am also a baseball player and fan and I think it would be amazing to play both in college. I have even looked at the possibility of playing football and running track. It would be a huge time commitment to play both, but I believe I would be up for the challenge as baseball and football have always been my favorite hobbies.”

“I have talked to quite a few Midwestern colleges such as Simpson, Coe, Grandview, Northwest Missouri State, Wayne State, St. Thomas University, and Southern Illinois to name a few. I have really enjoyed the recruiting process and I am excited every time a coach reaches out to me. I cannot wait to see what other opportunities lie ahead.”

“I have received offers from Grandview and Simpson. Other than those colleges, I would say Wayne State and St. Thomas although I am keeping my options wide open for now.”

“I had a few visit dates picked out to multiple colleges but due to the COVID-19 almost all have been cancelled. I look forward to getting out to as many colleges as possible this summer and next year.”

“I plan on attending a Rivals camp In Chicago, a top 200 hosted by Coe, along with as many college hosted camps as possible. I enjoy camp season as it allows me to get out and meet coaches, while also seeing where I stand among other athletes.”

“I have always been a Hawkeye fan first, but my dad grew up a Michigan fan, so I do occasionally cheer for the maize and blue. I also developed a liking for the LSU Tigers football team because the fans in the stadium are always loud and the Honey Badger, Tyrann Mathieu, is probably my favorite college player of all time.”

Ballard wing guard Ashton Hermann
What sport do you want to play in college?
“Basketball.”

“A couple of colleges have reached out to me like UNI, Nebraska-Omaha, and Central Missouri. We will have to see June 15th.”

“I visited South Dakota State last summer.”

What camps are you going to this summer?
“I was planning on going to Central Missouri, Central Michigan, and Nebraska-Omaha.”

“Iowa has always been my dream to play there. I grew up watching them play and I’ve always had a love from them in every sport.”

St. Edmond defensive end Brock Stanek
“Yes, I am interested in playing football.”

“In no particular order it has been the University of St Thomas, Minnesota State, UMD, SDSU, the University of Sioux Falls, Drake, Concordia-St. Paul, UND, South Dakota School of Mines, Wayne State, Culver-Stockton, Missouri Western, and Morningside College are the main ones.”

“As of right now, I think the University of St. Thomas has been recruiting me the hardest. I have been on their virtual Junior days and have been talking a lot with Coach Grayvold. He’s a really great guy and he always brings energy.”

“I was going to go to a junior day at SDSU in February, but I had to cancel, and the next date was cancelled because of COVID. Luckily, I am going to visit Morningside.”

Do you have plans for more trips soon?
“I hope to get to as many visits as I can before school and camps start. I know that varies by state, but we will find a way to make things work.”

“I was planning to do the camps at ISU and SDSU, but sadly they were cancelled. I am going to camps at UMD and Drake for sure, and if I can fit more in in June or July, I will certainly do so.”

“My favorite college growing up was Iowa State. My dad and grandpa both went there, and I always loved watching ISU play when I was younger. I was at the 2019 game vs. Texas and that was just amazing to watch. They have a great program going there now.”

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News