ADVERTISEMENT

State Baseball - No cleats in pre-game infield/outfield

super_tecmo_bowl

Freshman
Apr 28, 2005
Nothing suprises me anymore. Absolutely absurd that the IAHSAA bowed down to this demand by the I-Cubs. This is why the state tournament should have NEVER left Marshalltown and Carroll.

Memo sent out by the IAHSAA today:

VERY IMPORTANT: WE NEED YOUR HELP!! THE I-CUBS PUT IN A NEW INFIELD A YEAR AGO AND HAVE DISCOVERED OVER THE YEARS THAT ELIMINATING CLEATS BEING WORN IN PRE-GAME OUTFIELD /INFILED WARMUP HELPS NOT ONLY MAINTAIN THEIR FIELD BUT KEEPS THE FIELD IN BETTER PLAYING SHAPE DURING THE GAME. IT ALSO ASSISTS WITH MAINTAINING THEIR GRASS.

NEW REQUIREMENT FOR COACHES AND PLAYERS:
NO CLEATS ARE TO BE WORN WHEN WARMING UP IN THE OUTFIELD OR DURING INFIELD PRACTICE BY ANY PLAYER/COACH (TENNIS SHOES ONLY). WHEN TAKING INFIELD, WE ASK THAT INFIELDERS FIELD AND THROW FROM THE DIRT AREA, NOT ON THE INFIELD GRASS EXCEPT WHEN YOU FINALIZE AT THE END OF YOUR INFIELD AND GO HOME TO FIRST OR VICE VERSA. CHECK BEFORE YOU LEAVE TOWN TO MAKE SURE THAT EVERYONE HAS THEIR TENNIS SHOES FOR WARMUPS AND CLEATS FOR THE GAME. THANK YOU!

Important:

When recording an out with no one on base and you are going to throw the ball around the horn, your first and third basemen need to stay on the dirt area when throwing the ball around

Is the around the horn thing a little ridiculous? Yes, because after doing it all season long, every game, no players will remember to do this and obey the rule anyways. As for warmups and infield, it is what it is, who cares. Are you serious when you say the state tournament should have stayed in Marshalltown and Carroll? HAHAHAHA..Principal Park is INSANELY nice and such an honor for high school level players to play on. Marshalltown's field was the exact opposite and now Carroll's field is home to two teams that play all their home games on it just like any old regular ball field. Let them apply these rules if they must, but by all means don't say it should be played somewhere else. Nicest ball field in the whole state when it comes to Iowa, closest thing to major leagues out of all sports in this state.

Is the around the horn thing a little ridiculous? Yes, because after doing it all season long, every game, no players will remember to do this and obey the rule anyways. As for warmups and infield, it is what it is, who cares. Are you serious when you say the state tournament should have stayed in Marshalltown and Carroll? HAHAHAHA..Principal Park is INSANELY nice and such an honor for high school level players to play on. Marshalltown's field was the exact opposite and now Carroll's field is home to two teams that play all their home games on it just like any old regular ball field. Let them apply these rules if they must, but by all means don't say it should be played somewhere else. Nicest ball field in the whole state when it comes to Iowa, closest thing to major leagues out of all sports in this state.
The QC River Bandits are starting to creep on the I Cubs... It's like an amusement park now... Still Principal is the best ballpark.

1. The I-Cubs really think that taking outfield practice before the game tears up the outfield grass?
2. What is the issue with wearing cleats in infield practice if players stay on the dirt.
3. What happens when an infielder slips and gets hurt in infield next week.

Sec Taylor is a great venue for state. However, it's something new every year with the rules. What will be the next demand from their grounds crew be?

Important:
When hitting a ball in play, please hit it in the air so the ball does not damage the infield grass.

REALLY!!! The state tournament is becoming a joke!! Stand here, don't stand there. Don't walk on the grass. Don't stand on the top step. Players must be standing on both feet in the dug out. Oh, and now don't forget those tennis shoes to take infield in. Please, please bring back Carroll and Marshalltown so this can be about baseball again. How do you spell Iowa state baseball tournament..........try r-i-d-i-c-u-l-o-u-s.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT