ADVERTISEMENT

Southeast Polk hires bring back some of the old.

IASOONER

Freshman
Aug 10, 2005
Ankeny AD confirms that head football coach Brad Zelenovich is resigning to take the head coaching job back at SE Polk. Zelenovich was a long time asst under the now-retired Denny Muller.
First reported by the DM Register.

Good hire by SEP. I know he has ties to SEP but I was surprised about this. Anyone else?

Not at all surprised - his extended family is in the SEP district, and his daughter played for the SEP state girls BB team and is only a Sophomore. Plus, as the Offensive Coordinator at SEP under Coach Muller, he was given significant responsibilities and was really a "co-head coach" while there (w/o the title).

This is a great move for both SEP and Coach Z as he will be welcomed back with open arms and the players are amped up.

I thought the comments by the Ankeny AD were very classy and only the ones with blinders on in the Ankeny program will be shocked and offended by this move. Coach Z resurrected the Ankeny program after Pezzetti, staff and (most of) the players went North after the split and he leaves it in very good standing, and (as the Ankeny AD said) the position at Ankeny is now once again one of the best opportunities in the state.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT