ADVERTISEMENT

Public School Supporters - You Win, Time To Go

Sorry, I didn't know you were congratulating him. I thought you were being a douche. I am slow sometimes

Wouldn't do that to a high school kid, and if I am going to do that it would be far more of a scorched earth campaign then that. Kid is a really good athlete and a good kid from what I have heard. Just the circumstances that seem a little murky.

I have never buried a former Regina player bad enough to have to apologize and I have never left when things didn't go my way. Could be a stand up thing or it could be stupidity. I just know that if I dish it out I probably should be prepared to take it and not run and hide.
yes, what Blame said about Cade Jones was a bit bush league. But what you say about him "leaving because he didn't get his way" is pretty comical.

He told you what he knew and you choose to tell him "BS". You talk about Jacob Giese like he was recruited. Ballocks. Giese and his family didn't want to be in West Branch to make West Branch better. They moved for a change of culture and a better place for their son. They moved because of some things that were happening at his former school that he didn't like. Giese will tell anybody to their face that he is a Bear and a Bear only and will always be a Bear. His parents will tell you the same.

Perhaps it is a similar case for Koenig. His GF attends school at WB, and I am sure that helped play a role in his move to Cedar County. Like myself, and Blame, have both told you: The WB Football staff had zero contact with the kid before he moved into town. In fact, no coach had any contact with he or his family before he moved to WB/WBHS. So you can try to make anything out of it you want.

Yes he broke a Long Jump record. Applaud him rather than making a big deal out of it. I would applaud a Regal for breaking a 60 year old record. That's pretty impressive that it broken and that it stood that long.

Yes he may have a shot at playing QB or somewhere else for WB next fall. He played for a team that was 0-9 last season. One player does not a winner make. YOU should know that, CIDHawkeye.

You want a truce, fine. If you break the truce, all bets are off and so are the kid gloves I've been using.
Happy weekend.

I think were lucky to live in eastern Iowa, some good football on this side of the state. Hope kids in the area stay healthy and have a great summer.I know im on an island, i like when the area teams do well. What happened at West High last year was great.Branch ran the table.Solon had a great year. Xavier has a running back next year as a junior who is down right scary .Be well and be positive.

I think sometimes things that get written on this board get wrongly attributed to people, I am sure I am guilty as well. At times we all probably need to flip the scenario and look at it from the others perspective. Flip this scenario and say Regina had back to back move ins like this and I provided similar information, do you feel that the questions would have been more prevalent and the 'stories' would have been a little more creative? History indicates that there would be way more activity and outrage over it.

I did congratulate the kid on his record, I was surprised with WB history and athletes that record would stand that long. As far as blame leaving because someone called BS on him, well if I left every time someone called BS on here then I would have been gone long ago. Maybe it's just time to golf and he will be back as fall approaches.

WBB follower... this post sparked the question for me.. is his sister transferring to WB over the summer or is she staying at WL?

Originally posted by cyard31:
WBB follower... this post sparked the question for me.. is his sister transferring to WB over the summer or is she staying at WL?
no idea.

My name isn't Koenig, nor do I have the family on speed dial.

Check back with me in August.
ha.

Reactions: rkhemp
I like these new boards. I can click Like on CID and cyard's posts just so I can click "unlike". I kid, I kid....

Reactions: cyard31
except the "sit-out" time . it is yet to be seen if the Bears will succeed. Or if CK will be a major contributor.
With Grimm, McBeth were not impactful enough. Regals would have won without them.

So you are saying that McBeth and Grimm sat out the transfer time and the players at WB did not? So it's the same thing only different. Grimm was a very impactful player but that team does win the title either way.

So you are saying that McBeth and Grimm sat out the transfer time and the players at WB did not? So it's the same thing only different. Grimm was a very impactful player but that team does win the title either way.

that is what I'm saying Cid. thanks for clearing up the Grimm. I am not familiar enough with his skillset to know.. makes sense though, I read that he played & contributed @ NDSU in there national championship. Is he still @ Iowa, I know he had a bout with Testicular cancer.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT