ADVERTISEMENT

Public School Supporters - You Win, Time To Go

cidhawkeye

All District
Jun 21, 2009
Well all good things must come to an end. Done arguing about recruiting, multipliers, coaching staffs, metropolitan area, open enrollment etc, it is time for me to leave the board, I am sure I won't be missed. Nice hanging with you guys.

Originally posted by cidhawkeye:
Knew I couldn't slip it past RH, Blame? maybe....but he has been gone for awhile.
He's hiding out hoping the IAHSAA doesn't show up to look into CK's paperwork.

Well all good things must come to an end. Done arguing about recruiting, multipliers, coaching staffs, metropolitan area, open enrollment etc, it is time for me to leave the board, I am sure I won't be missed. Nice hanging with you guys.
wink.r191677.gif

Originally posted by Pinehawk:

Knew I couldn't slip it past RH, Blame? maybe....but he has been gone for awhile.
He's hiding out hoping the IAHSAA doesn't show up to look into CK's paperwork.
1) It's the IHSAA, not the IAHSAA.

2) Please by all means come and look at his paperwork. If I had the authority, I would give a copy of it to you personally. Alas, I do not. That being the case I guess we, in WB, can go on slipping one passed the goalie. Reminds me a lot of Matt McBeth's story. Well, expect for the fact that CK lives with his own family and they live in the WB district. No hidden tape.

"Well, expect for the fact that CK lives with his own family and they live in the WB district. No hidden tape."

Is that a full time arrangement?

I am still confused because his sister still competes for WL and didn't have to sit out any time there as an OE and CK didn't have to sit out any time as an OE and from all reports the parents are still together. Can you help me out with some of the details? and go slow for me because I don't catch on real quick.

My expectation is you will hit me with the "I can only look at it from the WB perspective and they have followed all the rules and I don't know how the family handles things" which will be difficult to believe since you seem to be very well connected in WB.

"Reminds me a lot of Matt McBeth's story" did you mean except McBeth sat out as an OE, didn't play the same varsity sport for two different schools in a two week span and didn't have a sibling stay behind at his previous school? other then those things you are right they are exactly the same.

Without knowing the details I can tell you this, if a student athlete's family moves outside a school district they are attending, that athlete is eligible to remain at their current school without losing eligibility it they choose to.

Originally posted by rkhemp:
Without knowing the details I can tell you this, if a student athlete's family moves outside a school district they are attending, that athlete is eligible to remain at their current school without losing eligibility it they choose to.
Correct. And if she would then decide that the commute is more than she wants to take on. She would then have to open enroll to her home district and sit out the required time before becoming eligible.

I have now learned something, thank you. It seems odd that loophole exists. Does it last through the remainder of their career? I would think there is a clause in their somewhere that puts time frames on things. If I follow that theory my kids had a home district of DCG, we then moved to Iowa City, could I have rented an apartment in Grimes and let them go back to school there and not fall under any OE rules?

That's an extreme example but I think they can stay as long as they want, obviously most are ones who moved into a relatively close district and stayed with the same school. However I do know that if a student decides to stay after the family changes residence, then a while later decides to change to the district in which they live, they are seen as an open enrolled student.

Reading up on this the $tate focuses mainly on who is paying the tuition for the student and how that is determined. An interesting policy, surprised there aren't more unique ways devised to work around it.

Of the many policies out there, this one makes the most sense. If my kids spent their entire life attending a school and we move into a neighboring district, they should have every right to finish their schooling with their life long friends if they choose to do so.

I agree with the RH, when we moved in the Des Moines area it was important that we kept the kids in the same school, same thing when we decided on the move to Iowa City, stay in the same school until the youngest was done.

Seems like we keep going down the same path, that you continue to try and drudge up. Answers were given long ago by BlameIt (may he R.I.P.) and myself. You have chosen not to believe what you've heard. It is not my job on a FREE MESSAGE BOARD to give you information about an under 18 individual. If your little Catholic brain cannot accept the 100% truth, that is not my problem. It never really was.

My catholic brain is smart enough to recognize when an answer isn't telling the entire story. Interesting that you don't need to provide answers on an under 18 year old kid but you have already shared plenty, along with Blame. Always advantageous to share the things that look favorable to your cause. By the way congratulations on the new school record holder in the long jump, broke a record that has stood since the 60's, pretty nice to have an entire family move into town with a kid like that.

Come on over to WB and actually talk to the KID if it is that big of a deal to you.

It is pretty obvious you wouldn't do that. Why? Because that would be pretty goshdarn pathetic to worry about a 16 year kid and his eligibility to the depth of doing so.

Originally posted by WBBearsFollower:
Come on over to WB and actually talk to the KID if it is that big of a deal to you.

It is pretty obvious you wouldn't do that. Why? Because that would be pretty goshdarn pathetic to worry about a 16 year kid and his eligibility to the depth of doing so.
Pretty ironic to watch you and Blame spin this situation, when you been criticizing other schools for years over much less questionable situations.
Your moral high ground is completely gone.

CID, I had to do some research (not just taking what you say as fact)
found this in IC PC

RECORD BREAKER: Cooper Koenig didn't wait long to start breaking records at West Branch.

Koenig broke the school record in the long jump in the first meet of the season, jumping 22 feet in his first attempt at the UNI indoor meet earlier this spring.

The previous record of 21-10 had stood since the 1960s.

The West Liberty transfer has built on his record during the outdoor season.

His best jump of 22-4 came at the Tipton Early Bird meet on March 31 and is the fifth-best mark in the state this season.

"Last week we had him jump at the Early Bird at Tipton and he went 22-4 on his first jump and he jumped three more times and two of those three were at 22-3 ¾ so he is very, very consistent right now," West Branch coach Taylor Jones said. "He is hitting the board well and he's having really good technique. He has some things to work on, but he's doing a really good job.

"Reminds me a lot of Matt McBeth's story."

Hello pot this is kettle. You have now reached a level of hypocrisy that is pretty impressive. Maybe I can pay one of my kids to go back into the archives and dig up some of the mud that has been slung by you and blame in the past.

I have enjoyed asking the questions because it has been quite entertaining watching the spin machine in full force on this one. Is it a big deal to me about his eligibility? Not really, with the interesting re-redistricting that has occurred and WB's inability to get to the level they talked about pretty loudly last fall it hasn't impacted the school I follow at all. Will it this fall? not sure, I have heard from several WB supporters that Regina is way down and WB will be much better then last year, and if WB rises up and wins I will do the same thing I did the last time it happened, drink beer with my WB friends and congratulate them on their victory. I am sure they will be gracious winners. How others react to the games is out of my control, both schools have great fans and some not so great fans. Perhaps after reading some of the garbage that has been flung by some people who are "pretty goshdarn pathetic to worry about a 16 year kid and his eligibility to the depth of doing so.' My view is skewed a little, heck I watched one of the biggest WB supporters destroy a recent player who was one of the most accomplished athletes to come out of that school. Heck there are people who continue to trash one of their most successful alums who made the mistake of coaching at another school. Go ahead and tell me which actions are more pathetic.

Next time don't cast stones so often and then dance around the truth so much when it comes back at you, it might work out a bit better for you. I am fairly certain I stepped out of the religion class when we covered the 'turn the other cheek' topic.

West Branch will easily go 9-0 again. Their schedule is easier this year then it was last. One of the weakest non district scheduled in the state. Hard to get prepared for tough playoff games with such a schedule. Will go 10-0 then will repeat 2nd round loss again. Hey at least you get trophies for that this year

Originally posted by Iabeastmode:
West Branch will easily go 9-0 again. Their schedule is easier this year then it was last. One of the weakest non district scheduled in the state. Hard to get prepared for tough playoff games with such a schedule. Will go 10-0 then will repeat 2nd round loss again. Hey at least you get trophies for that this year
time will tell, I guess.

Good work CY, always nice to have a move in break a record that has been around since the 60's.

Originally posted by bigfridaynite:
To sum it up ICR and WB -different kind of the same thing.
Except when a less controversial situation occurred at Regina years ago...people still talk about it and think we need a multiplier.
But, when it happens at West Branch a month ago...there is no issue at all and stop talking about it or WB fans throw a tantrum get threads pulled and leave the board.

The transfers are not the reason we need to change the classifications, the scoreboards are. They don't lie

Does Regina need to get better when they are reclassified, or are they already good enough? I am sure there are all kinds of 1A schools that can just get better and continuously beat some of the best 3A schools in the state.

But I don't want this to get in your way of bashing kids and schools who are not breaking any rules. Please carry on with your attacks about a kid breaking a school's track record, like anyone gives a flip besides you guys.

Please point out the attack on a kid breaking a record that has stood since the 60's. And after you do that please contact the Iowa City Press Citizen and let them know that you are not happy with their attack on the new record holder.

As far as Regina getting better if they are reclassified I am going to bet that every effort will be made to do that. I don't believe that there was a whole lot of complaining when Regina got throttled twice in one year by the Solon team led by two Regina transfers. Do you know what they did? They changed some of the the things they did, changed their weight lifting program, tweaked their defensive scheme and their offense to wait for it....keep waiting....guess...here it is "get better". Would Regina have had a pretty solid claim to be a team deserving of a dome trip that year? Pretty certain they would, did we hear the "Solon is so close to 3A they should move up, please re-district so we won't need to play them until the semi's" and some of the other garbage that is getting done. You talk about "bashing kids and schools who are not breaking any rules" perhaps a little look at some of the archives will show how much of that has gone on against Regina, hell somebody brought McBeth up recently, no rules broken there, in the not to distant past Grimm was brought up, again no rules broken, didn't stop the people on these boards from making allegations, insinuations and flat out lying for several YEARS. So forgive me if I ask a few questions and raise an eyebrow on last years move in and this years mid season move in. I can guarantee I haven't sunk to the levels of many on these boards. Don't like it? Can't help it.

You 2 are the ones who are constantly complaining about the kid transferring to West Branch. You bring up the record constantly.

Is there any person from West Branch who is upset that this kid moved into your school district? Any of you upset he broke a track record? Or is it just Regina fans who are constantly making something out of nothing?

You say the public schools need to get better. Well, here is a newsflash for you. The best way to get better is not to changes Xs and Os, it is to get better players. So if you really want the public schools to get better, stop bitching every time a kid moves into West Branch.

You can't have your cake and eat it too...

If you have no problem with this transfer, then we won't expect to hear any complaining about any future transfers to any school, public or private. The point is how hypocritical West Branch and posters like yourself are about these issues.

Not at all. Show me one post I have ever made when I attacked a transfer.

It's you guys who think OE and transfers = the advantages of the private schools, and it does not. But continue to hang your hat on that. When coaches continue to talk about reclassification, this kid and his situation is not even mentioned

You really are grasping at straws on this. I mentioned the record originally this way "By the way congratulations on the new school record holder in the long jump, broke a record that has stood since the 60's, pretty nice to have an entire family move into town with a kid like that." So now congratulating someone is a complaint? The 2nd time was in a response to your post, so maybe your standard of 'constantly' is way different than mine. If I follow your standard I can say that you are constantly agreeing with me because you did it once in this thread.

To answer some of your other questions, there are some WB people not very happy about the transfer, not many from my conversations, most just chuckle and say 'out recruiting you again' I will say that there was a certain football coach who seemed pretty happy that a long standing track record was broken last night I believe.

Getting better players is the best way to get better, I think that fixing the Xs and Os would help in that situation as well. As far as complaining when someone moves into WB I would like for you to share the examples of me complaining, as per my previous requests you won't provide any because if there are any they are pretty mild. I ask questions, Blame gave a series of half answers and deflections and took his ball and went home, WBB gave similar answers and then basically said drop it. Was the same courtesy extended to Regina by this board? Nowhere even close to that, the loudest voices have gone away not that the tide has turned. RH I compliment you for sticking around and continuing this discussion. Keep standing your ground, I don't really have a dog in this fight and I don't think you do either, if you did and you were on the other side of WB you may have some of the same concerns over the 'move' As it stands unless the schools meet on the field this fall or WB moves on farther it doesn't impact my kids. Doesn't mean that I won't ask the questions, like I said it has been dished out by a very vocal group of people and I missed the 'turn the other cheek' lesson in school and I will continue to push back. I will also say that it's interesting that people like CY, Pine and myself stayed here, took the shots, kept it pretty civil even when lies and crap were thrown. I have never buried a former Regina player bad enough to have to apologize and I have never left when things didn't go my way. Could be a stand up thing or it could be stupidity. I just know that if I dish it out I probably should be prepared to take it and not run and hide.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT