3. Assumption
4. Solon
5. Dallas Center Grimes
6. West Delaware
7. Creston
8. Bishop Heelan
9. Decorah
10. Chariton

While I don't consider them near the top of this list one team that will see brighter days in 2015 than 2014 is Harlan. I could see them being capable of beating several of the teams listed here.

Decorah and Chariton do not belong at all. Decorah while having a great tradition has two of its weaker classes in a long time on varsity and play in a very good district. Chariton while having a couple of good players does not have enough pieces around them and will be lucky to make the playoffs as well.

Harlan will be better but still young and I would take 6 on the win column with possibly a 7

I'll give it a go with an early top 10 list:

1. Pella
2. Assumption
3. Xavier
4. West Delaware
5. Dallas Center-Grimes
6. Solon
7. Norwalk
8. Sergeant Bluff-Luton
9. Creston
10. Heelan

Just outside looking in; Webster City, Harlan, Gilbert, Waverly-Shell Rock, ...I'm sure I am missing other worthy teams, but that's all I got for now....

Definitely need to add Waverly to the mix. We have a very solid team and will be ready to make a deep run.

Wouldn't surprise me. Obviously lots of good athletes at W-SR as evidenced by success in basketball and baseball as well. Big game on 9/11 @ West Delaware. W-SR be able to take WD this year?

Hard to say. Will be WDs size and Rousell (sp?) against WSRs speed. Both teams have holes to fill on either side of the ball.

Looking at D3 I think that West Del and WSR are probably a slight bit ahead of the rest of the district but I think Charles City, Independence, Decorah, and Vinton could all have really good teams, Crestwood should be improved as well they just have a lot of teams to climb over after an 0-9 season.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT