ADVERTISEMENT

Pella vs Pella Christian

If you've ever been in the Regina weight room you'd know what I'm talking about. Benchpressing 300+ lbs is basically a prerequisite to start on the Regina O-line. They routinely have players putting up more weight than starters on the U of Iowa O-line. Good luck finding any 4A team in Iowa besides maybe Dowling and Valley that can match these stats.

BGFbTaWHF0n

Best post I've ever seen.

Reactions: BigDan21
Valley, Dowing, Centennial, among others are literally LOLing at the comment of Regina having a better line. Get real.

Yeah they're probably LOLing about the comment you made regarding a mere small school that thinks they can beat a 3A state champ on a 40+ game win streak too right... haha oh oops I forgot that actually happened!! And Cid's right, the Regina line got the best of IC West this year

Just as laughable that a 1A team could contend with a 3A team on a 40 game winning streak.

You were making a statement about this year based on a false premise, that recent history directly contradicts. So had to point that out. That's all.

~Peace ✌

I was making a statement based off of seeing both teams playing. That's not false. Your love for Regina has blinded you from seeing facts.

I was making a statement based off of seeing both teams playing. That's not false. Your love for Regina has blinded you from seeing facts.

Seeing that you have called out the coaching at both a 3A power and a 3A team on a 40 game winning streak your opinion must be spot on. I am sure since you can do a better job than Jay and Coach Shulte than we all should accept your word as gospel. You should talk to some coaches who know the game and see if they agree more with you or if they have another opinion.

"I just watched Pella play Solon and to think either Pella or Solon would lose to Regina or PC right now is beyond comical."

Just jumped on the board for the day. Looks like there has been a long pissing match going on here! Just as it's dying down I hate to flame it up, but I have to agree with CID on this post and this is a ridiculous comment. I'm not saying who would win with Pella-Regina but Solon does not beat Regina this year period! I only see one way to end this argument, have Pella put Regina on their "wish list" of non-district games when given the opportunity. Regina has proven it will take on all comers over the past new years and make an effort to upgrade their competition to the best of their ability. I am betting Regina would have no fear of this game being on their schedule and would welcome it. As far as it happening this year, it is a mute point.

This is honestly a strange thread. It doesn't really matter as Pella and Regina will never be playing, just like Pella and PC will never be playing. Pella will not be playing anyone below 3A and that's not a slight to any teams that are smaller, but Pella has great competition that is geographically close in 3A and that trumps all.

Debating the question is fun, but I think it has kinda gotten out of hand here. Everybody is entitled to their opinion, but nobody can be completely right as this match up will never happen. Is all academic.

BigDan's post made me chuckle though as I cannot tell you the number of players I've seen over the last 30 years that were weight room champs, but stood on the sidelines during games as they weren't very good. Interesting reasoning for his argument.

BigDan21, go back to your 1A board where somebody gives a rip about your team. GatorBait you need to take a chill pill!!! All the teams begin discussed have great programs, so what does all this have to do with this thread or any of the state championship games. Really CIDHAWKEYE, you must really be proud of that freshman victory, but no body really cares!

BigDan21, go back to your 1A board where somebody gives a rip about your team. GatorBait you need to take a chill pill!!! All the teams begin discussed have great programs, so what does all this have to do with this thread or any of the state championship games. Really CIDHAWKEYE, you must really be proud of that freshman victory, but no body really cares!

Glad that you chose to chime in, nice use of CAPS, the victory was kind of nice, not many 1A teams schedule and compete with 4A teams. The fact that you are annoyed with the mention is amusing. Keep up the great work.

Reflecting on the season as of late I have concluded that there is about a 0% chance that Pella Christian would beat Pella.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT