ADVERTISEMENT

NICL East

Ace0162

Freshman
Dec 4, 2011
Saw there's a thread on the West side so figured one should be made for the East side as well.
Interested to see if AP can repeat as champs with returning all of their pitchers from last year's title season. Columbus looked to be the pre season favorite but losing to DNH already makes things interesting. I'd say Columbus/AP/DNH finish in the top 3 with Denver/Jesup/Union in the next tier. Hudson and Wapsie rounding out the bottom of the conference. Thoughts?

Half way through the conference season Columbus and DNH are tied at 8-3 but they are done playing each other for the rest of the year and Columbus went 2 of 3 so they are in control. After that AP, Denver, Jesup, and Union are all tied for 3rd at 6-5 with Hudson at 4-7 and Wapsie Valley is winless.
Looks like Columbus is really starting to hit the ball and score a lot of runs in every game.
DNH seems to have a solid top half of the lineup but really drop off.
What happened to Kannegieter from AP? Arguably the best pitcher in the conference last season and currently has a conference ERA in the 9's. They do have Waller and Pollock who seem to be pitching well, if Kannegieter can get it going on the mound they could have a scary pitching staff.
I see Driscol hasn't been playing for Union but is on their quik stats roster so I have to assume he is injured. Any word on when he'll be back?
Any one have any surprises, disappointments, or mid season all conference team selections?

Final NICL East Standings
DNH................16-5
Columbus........15-6
Denver.............13-8
Union...............13-8
Jesup...............11-10
AP...................10-11
Hudson.............6-15
Wapsie.............0-21

How is it that Wapsie has such good athletics except in baseball. I don't get it. Why don't they get their best athletes out? Especially in a small school.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT