ADVERTISEMENT

NEIC Conference

Bringit10

Gold Member
May 19, 2014
Anyone have any thoughts on the Northeast Iowa Conference? I'll get it started. Waverly lost a lot from last years team, but has some solid young kids. New Hampton should contend, but it doesn't sound like they'll have the pitching services of Cole McDonald. Decorah will be tough with Nimrod and Hovden returning. You have to like the two strong arms of Rex and Suckow for Oelwein. Throw in an improved Crestwood and Charles City team, this should be a great battle for the conference title. My prediction:

Decorah
New Hampton
Oelwein
Waverly
Crestwood
Charles City
Waukon

Although I think any of the top 4 could win it.

I think this is a complete toss up conference this year, no real dominate team team in there, would surprise me to have the champion have 12-6 record in conference.

I'll go

Decorah- Tradition and pieces returning including a great pitcher in Nimrod
New Hampton- Tons of talent returning, but with no McDonald they lack the big game pitcher, will have to outscore teams
Waverly- Jake Velky is a winner, many athletes in that school right now, still a good team
Charles City- Great player in Isakson, pitching got better as season went on, should be better
Oelwein- Not taking anything away from this team, just not sure they put it together
Crestwood- Better than Waukon
Waukon

PNation or anyone that follows CHarles City baseball........any news on Isakson? Looked like he rolled up an ankle last night. Hoping it's nothing serious, as he's a real good player.

And the final standings were...

New Hampton 16-2
Waverly 15-3
Charles City 10-8
Decorah 7-11
Oelwein 6-12
Cresco 5-13
Waukon 4-14

Really only a two team race between NH and WSR and I believe only WSR and CC still alive in the postseason.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT