ADVERTISEMENT

McKinney Ejected?????

rengstra

Gold Member
Aug 12, 2010
Read an update on twitter last night that McKinney was ejected in the Indianola vs Ankeny Centennial game where Centennial lost 5-4. Does anyone know what the situation was that resulted in the ejection???

I was at the game and everyone was a little puzzled by it. On the play he was on first with a baserunner in front of him. Ball hit to center and lead runner scores. On the throw from CF to home ball was cut off behind the pitchers, he rounded 2nd base too far. 1b cuts and throw to the SS who was covering second base. Bang bang play and the the tag was on the helmet. I did not even look close to hard tag. But at Indy you are far from the field. After the tag and called out it looked something may have been said but nothing demonstrative by any means. Ump then ejects. My only guess is maybe a magic word was used in the exchange. No one could hear what was said in the stands or the field unless you were right there from my observation.

I am an Indianolan who has no kids playing just observing and was standing by some Ankeny fans and we were all puzzled.

My only guess is something was said that did not meet approval by the Ump.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT