ADVERTISEMENT

Luke Farleys Dad

Jun 27, 2015
Today in Waukon, I had the unfortunate pleasure of sitting in front of Luke Farley's Dad. From the very first pitch until the end of the game, this guy showed nothing but the absolute worst sportsmanship I have ever witnessed. He had nothing good to say about anyone on the South Winn team, calling them chicken shits, all game long. I tolerated this for the majority of the game, but when he made a comment about my son, I had had enough and turned to him and said I would appreciate it if he kept his comments to himself, to which he replied "if you think you're man enough to shut me up, come do it big boy". This man is an absolute disgrace to the Waterloo Columbus school and high school baseball in general. After having talked to other Columbus parents after the game, I realize that he is the bad apple in the bunch, cause they told me not to let his behavior form my opinion on the Columbus team as a whole. South Winn ended up winning the game, but never have I experienced such a piece of ~~~~ fan in all my life. This man has no right to degrade or talk trash about anyone, especially when your team gets beat by them. If you can't accept your team making error after error on routine plays, stay home. Apparently, it makes him feel better about getting beat if he gets all opposing parents upset with him. How horrible his life must be, if that's the case. As for Luke himself, the apple didn't fall far from the tree, cause when a South Winn player complimented him on a solid double, he simply said "yeah whatever". I feel bad for the Iowa baseball program and coach Heller for the next four years with this recruit and his head case dad along for the ride. As for you Mr. Farley, grow up and check out your son's stats, they aren't very good for a senior who doesn't play center field very well.

Maybe you are stooping to his level with this post? I understand frustration on your end, but like I try and teach my kids, always take the high road because at the end of the day it's about doing what's right.

Reactions: Bringit10
Maybe you are stooping to his level with this post? I understand frustration on your end, but like I try and teach my kids, always take the high road because at the end of the day it's about doing what's right.
I think southwinn's post is pretty level headed until the last sentence. He should have put a period after the words "grow up". The rest of the sentence would have been best left unsaid. Sometimes though frustration just reaches a breaking point and we, myself included, say just a tad too much and afterwards regret the extra words we say even if we know they might actually be the truth.

Reactions: FLBP
I would have to agree brewcrew...don't like to see any personal attacks on kids on here. They are kids...willing to compete and provide us entertainment...and definitely still in the process of maturing. Adults are held to a higher standard. But like you said, we've all ran our mouth only to remind ourselves on the way home or the next day that we are supposed to be the example of good sportsmanship to our kids and others.

Not involved either way but quickstats has him hitting .557 with a 0.62 era. Fielding at .947 isn't very good for an outfielder but am I missing something on the other stats?

For a kid that could very well end up seeing heavy action for an NCAA tourney team next year as a freshman, "not very good" may not be a very smart or apt description of his play or stats. As for the rest of it, that's truly unfortunate.

"...come and do it big boy...." after he insulted one of my kids would have been all I needed to hear.

Surprised that a school official didn't confront him, as he was apparently making enough of a scene for that to be justified...

What a terrible thread. Way too personal and over the line. Threads have been pulled for far less than this.

I think some of this has to do with the fact Farley has 3 HR's and 22 RBI's and Rommes from South Winn has 13 HR's and 46 RBI's and heading to Upper Iowa for both football and baseball. Not sure how he didn't land at Iowa...but best of luck to both kids.

Reactions: maxstabs13
South Winn isn't exactly a school that has principals or school officials step in to correct its students or parents who are in the wrong either...

When I came back for some baseball games about 5-7 years ago SW had drunk parents with there underage drunk kids sitting behind Centerfield yelling/heckling/cursing Sumner Fredericksburg outfielders and shaking the fences. The umpires didn't stop the game or do anything about it. No South Winn school members did anything either. It wasn't until a few innings later when SF alumni and family of the SF players went over and said something to them before it stopped.

I absolutely agree with pinehawk. What a pathetic thread! And yes. Luke will gladly leave some threads up if it suits his purpose of driving traffic and controversy on this site. What happened to the no personal attacks on student athletes? Very selective monitoring by Federson! Is it any wonder coaches tell their athletes to stay away from this site! Nice first post by Southwinn, Doesn't exactly make his school look good either

I absolutely agree with pinehawk. What a pathetic thread! And yes. Luke will gladly leave some threads up if it suits his purpose of driving traffic and controversy on this site. What happened to the no personal attacks on student athletes? Very selective monitoring by Federson! Is it any wonder coaches tell their athletes to stay away from this site! Nice first post by Southwinn, Doesn't exactly make his school look good either

I am not certain I see a personal attack on a student athlete. He made a comment about his statistics(which the OP didn't seem to know were pretty darn good) Luke's business is in drawing attention to the site and I don't see him allowing personal attacks to stay. Coaches usually tell their athletes to stay away because of what the athletes will say on here, not so much what is being said by others.

Really? You don't see a comment about an Iowa recruit as a personal attack on a high school athlete? Ok. Carry on! Luke leaves personal attacks to stay all of the time. It's his " business" as you say. The comment about coaches telling athletes not to come on here because of what other athletes say is just not accurate. The vast majority of comments on here about other athletes come from adults. It's not like this site is held in high regard. It is what it is. The title of his post is a personal attack in itself. But hey. Have fun.

It's a personal attack on a kids Dad, not the player, fail to see how a comment about a kid not responding to a compliment from an opposing player during a game as an 'attack' I remember playing back in the dark ages and we didn't really chat each other up during the game so if that is an 'attack' on a kid I guess I expect my kids to have a little thicker skin than that. Yes most of the questionable comments on this board come from misguided parents. Not sure how you get to make a blanket statement about the reason why coaches tell their players to stay off this board. The school my kids attend is probably one of if not the most scrutinized on this board and the coaches give the direction to athletes to not respond to the stuff that is written. The half truths, unfounded allegations, aspersions and flat out lies that have been on these boards. Using the criteria that you are attempting to put into place your comments about Luke are more of a personal attack than what was said about the player. Not sure how the fact that Farley is an Iowa recruit factors into this at all. If the worst thing that is said about the kid is that he didn't properly acknowledge a compliment from an opposing player during the game, well that is a pretty good run.

hqdefault.jpg

Yeah just curious also. Wasn't last night the same game as the op was originally talking about?

Was there a throwdown by the playground?

Did not look impressive in the championship game. Tried to overpower CL w/his fastball and by the time he started working in off speed stuff it was too late.

Did not look impressive in the championship game. Tried to overpower CL w/his fastball and by the time he started working in off speed stuff it was too late.

A non-issue (unless you're a Columbus fan and wanted them to win the title). His future is as a hitter. Iowa is glad to have him in that regard.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT