ADVERTISEMENT

JUST ME

Saints85

Freshman
May 4, 2013
Thinking about posting a topic where basically I am the only one who posts on it. What does everyone think about that?

Funny!

I specifically stated that it's more of an issue of updating those that might be interested. I admit that I'm mostly a COLLEGE wrestling junkie. But Iowa high school wrestlers are definitely affected by some things that happen at our three State Universities.

Plus... it's a really, really slow time of the year for news.

Plus... I don't really care if the twelve people who read this forum like it or not.

Hey, anyone know if ISU has hired an assistant yet? I mean I don't really care, but my email inbox is full of hs kids wanting to go to ISU to wrestle but they don't know if an assistant has been hired yet. Not sure why they emailed me, but does anyone have an answer???? Thx

Hey, Saints... Tell those kids to contact Wartburg or Grandview. They will have a better chance of reaching their goals.

BTW: Some chatter that ISU might be announcing something soon. Dropping the program??

Whoa Doc,
Let's get through xc season first. GH-WH still gonna have a good boys team????

Haven't heard my own voice in awhile, during the inept Pollard era, Iowa State has won the Cy-Hawk series 5 years, and lost 4 years. HHHHMMMMMM. There are 3 sports in which the Hawkeyes have NEVER beaten ISU, there is one sport where ISU has never beaten Iowa. Glad I said it, glad I heard it.

I may be wrong, but I don't think WH & G-H-V are sharing Boys' cross country this year; I believe the sharing arrangement is only for girls' CC this year. If I am wrong, someone correct me.

Saints... just a little advice for you... free of charge!

Absolutely NO ONE gives a rat's behind about that wonderful CyHawk thing. But I guess if it gives you solace and some sort of bragging rights... more power to you. You sound like one, proud alum.

It also looks like your attempt at being relevant by starting this thread isn't going real well.
Conversely, I just happened to notice that my recent thread is approaching 1000 views! I interpret that to mean that wrestling fans appreciate and are actually interested in the information I provide and the opinions I render. Doesn't mean everyone agrees with my viewpoint, but seems like fans realize I provide something of value.

I know for a fact by reading another forum, that certain ISU fans are following my threads. It's got a few of the less stable ones more than a little riled. The truth apparently rubs a little salt in the wounds.

In closing... providing info and opinions, rather than sarcastic posting, will give you a little "street cred". Try it sometime.

Saints... I'll also give you more than adequate proof that BOTH KJ and Pollard are inept.

First... KJ. Look at his results! Nuff said.

Secondly... Pollard. Gives his Head Football Coach a 10 year contract and the guy has a losing record since he arrived. CPR turns over his coaching staff at an alarming rate. That is usually a sure sign that he wants blame for losing pointed at his assts. But hey... HE PROUD.

He did hit a homerun with the Mayor. He deserves a pat for that one.

But if it wasn't for the former Iowa AD negotiating that giant TV contract for the Big 12, Iowa State would be a member of the MAC today. ISU came within a whisker of that happening when Nebby, Colorado, and Missouri left the conference. More a case of "dumb luck" for Jamie. You do remember the story about him getting thrown out of a high school game for being obnoxious as a parent, don't you?

Not looking for "street cred" just to entertain. Keep taking yourself way too much more seriously than you need. This is fun:)

That's ok guys, I'm pretty much the only one contributing any substance to this thread. But after exchanging back and forth with you... it's pretty obvious your input will be limited.

Carry on with your responses that contain no sports/wrestling related content.

"But if it wasn't for the former Iowa AD negotiating that
giant TV contract for the Big 12, Iowa State would be a member of the
MAC today."

Just think about that for a moment Mitch. Seriously think of the irony here. Think real, real hard about that statement, what thread you are on, and the relationship to College Wrestling. You want to be serious. OK, I have always said, your posts may be biased, hurtful, but contain some truth to them. Just think about the truth here and the irony of your statement. Cmon man.

I think maybe your parents should see if they can get some sort of refund on the money they spent for tuition for you to go to ISU. Not well spent, if you get my drift.

Now... this has obviously turned into a pissing match, so this is my last post for this thread.

I'll continue to let fans know what's happening on the college scene, but this thread is pretty much wasted space,

Cheers!

Did you see that everyone, MitchL wants you to know that ISU would be in the MAC if it wasn't for the old Iowa AD, maybe - maybe not - it is debatable. What he doesn't want to admit is that Iowa wrestling wouldn't be where it is at if it wasn't for an ISU alum - not debatable - FACT!!!!!!!!!!!

Saints, I appreciate your sense of humor with this thread. Thanks for some good laughs.

This poor fella that keeps talking to himself about ISU sure is a sad case.

Thanks. The thing is, MitchL is correct in that ISU hasn't hired an asst and it is frustrating to Clone fans. The problem is, somehow he gets pleasure from ISU's misery. I am all for competitive rivalry barbs, but he crosses the line taking personal shots at the wrestlers and coaches. Some may be deserved, but I was taught, if you don't have something nice to say, don't say it. Some don't like to hear the truth, correct, so let it be. Rubbing someone's nose in it is only done for some sick personal pleasure. He tries to give himself some validity by saying he is many people's source of info and I just don't believe that to be the case. For those who really do care about this issue, they know where to get the info. He cast the first stone. He drew first blood.

Mitch.

Does every thread you participate in end this way? I mean the past few have had you getting in pissing matches and then bowing out. Come on man, stand up for your beliefs even if they are completely idiotic

This poor Mitch fella must realize what a fool he's made of himself on this board. Even though his posts are beyond moronic, you have to feel sorry for folks like him.

In an unrelated topic... maybe ISU should schedule a football game against Morningside. Seriously, there are 4A schools in Iowa high school ball that could beat CPR's team. But hey... HE PROUD!

HAHAHAHAHA into infinity.

Trivia question... who is worse, ISU football or ISU wrestling?

Answer... It's a tie, they both stink.

MitchL:

Iron Doc is proud to say that Morningside has a former Fearsome Eagle Beast doing very good work at ILB. With that said, and for that reason, I'd pick Morningside by 10 in a matchup with Iowa State University Of Science & Technology.

There IS a rumor (I can't confirm it) that Iowa State is going to petition the North Iowa Conference for admission for football purposes.

Just sayin'

iron Doc: Off topic... What the heck has happened to Sanger football? Is it merely a case of no good athletes or is Sanger over the hill?

I ASSURE you that Bob is not over the hill. The good news is that we gave a good Garner team a battle Friday before losing 16-19 (0-56 last year). I am VERY optimistic that the Fearsome Eagle Beasts will be back on track this year. There is a lot of talent coming up through the ranks. As enrollment #s drop, winning/losing becomes more cyclical here and elsewhere (Emmetsburg, etc).

Coaches don't just forget how they became successful. I suspect, and agree, that WH just is in a position where they had back to back to back classes where there just aren't enough good athletes. Small schools will see that from time to time.

Now to a more interesting topic... I may not be posting for awhile. There is some very entertaining discussion going on at one of the Cyclone forums concerning the current situation involving the football program. I may never leave that site because the discussion is whether to fire Paul(He Proud) Rhoads, fire Jamie( Not sure what I'm doing) Pollard, or can em both and hire the NDSU leadership.

I imagine the only ISU related person enjoying this discussion is Kevin Jackson because it takes the focus off the wrestling program and all its' difficulties.

What a joke in Ames concerning their sports teams. God it must suck being an ISU fan!

Me... I'm having the time of my posting life.

Unfortunately, sonny... as for a forum that is supposed to be sports/wrestling related, you really haven't contributed a whole bunch. So I suspect not too many people really care what you were saying. I only respond to you because it is quite entertaining correcting you and further proves that ISU grads should stick to what their majors relate to.

You know right? The engineering grads holding those "Stop/Slow" signs and driving the "pilot" cars in the construction zones and those with Ag degrees that now work on the farm waiting to inherit their parents' farm. Which category do you fall into?

BTW: ISU sure looks good against KSU in the first half of todays football game. Bet Pollard is getting another contract extension ready for "Me Proud/All In".

Oops! Never mind, Jamie, regarding that contract extension.

Silly me. I should have remembered that CPR teams don't show up AFTER halftime. What really has to be disturbing for Clone fans is that the AD has basically promised that tix prices are going to be raised for next season. Why, you ask? Well, we have that 10 year contract to Rhoads that needs to be paid and all.

Given how crappy the Hawks look today and the fact that next week is the ISU Superbowl and I'm starting to think ISU has a chance to win in Kinnick.

god almighty, college football in the State of Iowa is just horrendous!

Wrestling season can't get here soon enough.

You listening eleven30 and Saints? No highway construction on Saturday and harvest hasn't started yet so you ladies can't be busy with much.

HE PROUD/ALL IN

Remember that I'm the one who said ISU would/could win? I jumped off the KF bandwagon several years ago and after a decade of being a season tix holder, I simply couldn't stand the boring football that Iowa plays.

After so many years of poor clock management, bone-headed play calling, and regularly losing to inferior programs(NIU/WMU/CMU/Minny/ISU), and lastly... not anticipating the fake punts and on-side kicks, I can watch the better games on HiDef in the comfort of a good sports bar.

Iowa has been mildly successful, IN SPITE OF, not because of... Captain Kirk. In a weird sort of way... the Iowa AD is also guilty of a ridiculous long term contract for a football coach.

There were more than a few occasions when tailgating was the highlite of the weekend. With the gestapo regime of Sally Mason and the local law enforcement, it just wasn't worth the grief to attend games in person.

So enjoy one of the few ISU wins this season. There is still a talent deficiency at ISU. That also says a lot about the Iowa program!

See, I knew there was a human being in there. That wasn't too hard was it. Nice post, to the point, and not in a defamatory manor. I agree neither team is that good. And by the way, as an ISU fan, I think Ferentz is a good coach and feel we would be lucky to have him if we ever went after him during an opening. He is a victim of his own and predecessor's success.

IMO, KF is a very likeable guy, but he's living off of past glory.

I believe he's been too slow in adapting to the more wide open phases of college football, offensively. His schemes are more of a 'grind it out" approach.

Given all the Hawkeyes in the NFL, it's clear that there has been a high level of talent in his years at Iowa. But look at his W/L record, overall, and tell me he's utilized that talent in their college days.

The most famous of Hawkeye wins was the Cap 1 over LSU. Yet... that last minute was a giant failure in clock management that gets overlooked because of the outcome.

I agree that KF at ISU would be an upgrade over everyone since Earle Bruce. Given the last 20 years of Cyclone football... that's not exactly a screaming endorsement.

As long as KF is at Iowa, I don't think the Hawkeye program will ever attract the elite skill position high school recruits. Lazard knew this. Iowa has exactly ZERO skill position players in the NFL other than Shonn Greene, to my knowledge.

Ferentz' success can be traced to one guy... NORM PARKER!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT