ADVERTISEMENT

Juan Harris - North Fayette?

Originally posted by gonorse92:
I may be wrong so please do not jump down my throat but I do believe he played JV (yes I said JV) last night on defense for NFV. I spoke to some folks that were at the game and they made the comment to me to that regard.
I've read he was a non factor in that game. Not sure if it was accurate but it is another "thing that makes you go hmmmm..."

Originally posted by mtdew_fever:
It's been a few weeks.....has Juan Harris started dominating yet?
I've been curious as well. Haven't seen his name pop up on the varsity roster, or in the tackle stats.

https://espn.go.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/player/_/id/203365/juan-harris

- - - - - - -Obviously he does exist.

According to that site he's only a sophomore. I'm not sure how NF is, but there are some schools where no matter how good you are, sophomore is JV. Possible? Or is that site accurate? It says Class of 2017.

Originally posted by pinkphantom:
According to that site he's only a sophomore. I'm not sure how NF is, but there are some schools where no matter how good you are, sophomore is JV. Possible? Or is that site accurate? It says Class of 2017.
He is not eligible for 90 days because of transfer during the season. Unless a special hardship can be proven he will not play this year at the varsity level for NFV in football.

All of the articles I could find on him are listing him as a sophomore including the University of Wisconsin site. I wonder if his having practiced for Parker HS in Wisconsin this year impacts his eligibility at all. As late as September 5, he was still practicing with them.

Are you somehow not familiar with Iowa HS football? Basically every 2A team and most 3A teams are playing sophs. Heck, I bet a third of 4As play sophs.

Something didn't smell right with this kid from the start. I hope he finds a stable home life and comes to realize football is just a game.

Originally posted by SPOONER:

Are you somehow not familiar with Iowa HS football? Basically every 2A team and most 3A teams are playing sophs. Heck, I bet a third of 4As play sophs.

Something didn't smell right with this kid from the start. I hope he finds a stable home life and comes to realize football is just a game.
I can assure you that this kid has done nothing wrong to not be eligible to play. ANY AND ALL STUDENT-ATHLETES who transfer to a different school must meet IHSAA transfer requirements. If they do not meet those requirements, they must wait 90 days. Thats pretty simple and not that hard to figure out. It's has nothing to do with him 'not smelling right'.

wink.r191677.gif

Originally posted by navyrules:

He is not eligible for 90 days because of transfer during the season. Unless a special hardship can be proven he will not play this year at the varsity level for NFV in football.

navyrules' explanation is correct. I hope old Juan uses his time between now and next season to raise his bench press to Larry Allen levels (600+). He could be a MAJOR prospect!

So navy's explanation was correct...the same one I gave at the beginning of the thread that he ripped me apart on?

smallcenter, you are in fact correct and navyrules continues to act as if he knows more about this situation than anyone else. which he is only now somehow able to figure out.

Originally posted by ORSKY1:
smallcenter, you are in fact correct and navyrules continues to act as if he knows more about this situation than anyone else. which he is only now somehow able to figure out.
This post was edited on 10/12 2:29 PM by UnionFootballFan

I can assure you that this kid has done nothing wrong to not be eligible to play. ANY AND ALL STUDENT-ATHLETES who transfer to a different school must meet IHSAA transfer requirements. If they do not meet those requirements, they must wait 90 days. Thats pretty simple and not that hard to figure out. It's has nothing to do with him 'not smelling right'.
The kid is at his 3rd high school in the past year and it was reported he would be playing soon. But now he's not playing at all. Throw in a Twitter claim that he's Tommie Harris' brother and an unimpressive performance in a freaking JV game and there you have it.

The kid is at his 3rd high school in the past year and it was reported he would be playing soon. But now he's not playing at all. Throw in a Twitter claim that he's Tommie Harris' brother and an unimpressive performance in a freaking JV game and there you have it.
The JV performance was never actually confirmed, was it? I've never seen anything more on that than what was posted here. As for the rest of your post, none of that adds up to his transfer being some kind of shady deal. Maybe he's not as good as initially thought, but there is no real evidence to suggest that there is something illicit going on here.

Originally posted by tm33_08:

I have no idea about the JV game.

As far as his 3rd school in the last year, it doesn't seem to be a secret that he moved from living with mom to his dad. Whatever problems this is causing in his personal living situation, is frankly none of anyone's business.

While I have not seen the kid play, it would seem that his talent is not really in question. A quick google search will tell you that he has offers from at least 4 Division I schools (Wisconsin, Tennessee, Utah, and Virginia), and is being very actively recruited by schools such as Texas A&M and Iowa.

So it may be an unusual situation, but that doesn't mean anything shady is going on. I could see how one could sell the 'something smells fishy' theory if Harris was actually playing for NFV, but he isn't. And if he is playing JV ball, are you saying that NFV somehow recruited a nationally rated DL to boost their JV team? Do you see how ridiculous that sounds? Harris could have ended up in about a million other places, if this had to something to do with recruiting.

As with most conspiracy theories, it makes for a good story and it stirs up a bunch of reaction. But normally unusual happenings can be explained in a much simpler manner. Such as.... he's just a kid that moved from one school to another to live with his dad, and happened to land in a small town in northeast Iowa. Call me crazy, but that's sounds like a much more plausible explanation.

You are the one with all of the supposition and conjecture. Not really sure why, but you seem to believe you have superior knowledge to other people who have posted here. Your points are neither salient nor interesting.

Originally posted by ORSKY1:
You are the one with all of the supposition and conjecture. Not really sure why, but you seem to believe you have superior knowledge to other people who have posted here. Your points are neither salient nor interesting.
Okay... fair enough. I'm not trying to come off as omniscient, but you are certainly entitled to your opinion. I just don't understand the need to automatically jump to the conclusion that the situation is 'fishy' or 'doesn't smell right' rather than giving the kid the benefit of the doubt. So fire away with more of your ostentatious critique of my insipid and tenuous points.

It would be hard to imagine this guy being a non-factor in an Iowa small school JV game.

Originally posted by dirt33:

It would be hard to imagine this guy being a non-factor in an Iowa small school JV game.
Yeah, I'm gonna go ahead and call BS on that little rumor.

Originally posted by DJinIA:
West Union being the Mecca of D-1 prospects, if you seriously think there's something going on, you have a far great imagination than I.
Though I did say it somewhat facetiously, it would hardly be unprecedented. We have a couple of highly regarded twin wrestlers who "magically" showed up at a rather pedestrian 2A high school program last year.

I am seriously concerned this kid will hurt someone or someones this year.
do you guys play flag football down here in 2A?

Seriously?

I suggest you crawl back underneath your rock! You contribute nothing to the conversation... again!

Originally posted by MitchL:

I suggest you crawl back underneath your rock! You contribute nothing to the conversation... again!
What? You mean you are not calling out high school and college freshman and their parents over here?

I think there are still a few folks waiting your rasslin insight over on that board

...and getting back on topic. A better thread might be if a year without competitive football will hurt this kid? Hard to believe a kid with this much potential would just scrap an entire year of football. Yes, assuming he practices but that is not the same. Not even close, you have to play in games to get better. Would not be surprised if he is or isn't at NFV next year but with all their seniors the outlook for 2015 isn't as great. And will NFV fans be as supportive if he ends up at IC Regina? At least Kirk would have an easier time recruiting him there. : )

Originally posted by Teenage Dirtbag:
...and getting back on topic. A better thread might be if a year without competitive football will hurt this kid? Hard to believe a kid with this much potential would just scrap an entire year of football. Yes, assuming he practices but that is not the same. Not even close, you have to play in games to get better. Would not be surprised if he is or isn't at NFV next year but with all their seniors the outlook for 2015 isn't as great. And will NFV fans be as supportive if he ends up at IC Regina? At least Kirk would have an easier time recruiting him there. : )
Well it looks like he is not gonna play this year, but thats water under the bridge right now.

Reading the statement that "NFV's outlook for 2015 isn't as great."

As Lee Corso would say, "Not so fast my friend"....

Now, I know that Jr High/9/JV only means so much, but after looking at scores on their school website and talking with a few parents from NFV, I don't think that NFV's current sophomores have EVER lost a football game. So it would seem like the cupboard is far from bare at NFV the next two years.

Did I say the cupboard is far from bare...or the outlook for 2015 isn't as great? NFV is losing some major players this year. They were the favorites in D-3 entering this fall. Should be good next year but not so sure they will be favored in 2015. And I like Lee Corso...not so fast my friend...and since he couldn't coach glad he landed a TV job! Time will tell who wins D-3 in 2015....but the 4 playoff teams have business to finish this year. Do D-3 proud!!

Originally posted by Teenage Dirtbag:
Did I say the cupboard is far from bare...or the outlook for 2015 isn't as great? NFV is losing some major players this year. They were the favorites in D-3 entering this fall. Should be good next year but not so sure they will be favored in 2015. And I like Lee Corso...not so fast my friend...and since he couldn't coach glad he landed a TV job! Time will tell who wins D-3 in 2015....but the 4 playoff teams have business to finish this year. Do D-3 proud!!
You didn't say the cupboard was bare, but you did in fact say in a previous post that "the outlook for 2015 isn't as great." Verbatim.

But I digress... you are correct that only time will tell for 2015 (although I would put NFV as the favorite), and D3 does have quite a bit to play for yet this year.

Lee Corso? Hey he wasn't a great coach, but you gotta love him and his antics..... Lee Corso strange but true history.

This post was edited on 10/25 8:16 PM by navyrules

That's what I meant Navyrules...did I say..."the cupboard is bare" or did I say "the outlook for 2015 isn't as great". I obviously said the latter and NOT the former. I thought I was clearing that up.

I saw someone said they thought he was Tommie Harris brother...

To clear that information up though, he is Tommie's nephew...

Originally posted by maxstabs13:

I saw someone said they thought he was Tommie Harris brother...

To clear that information up though, he is Tommie's nephew...
To clear that up, he is NOT Tommie Harris's nephew..... he has stated this on his twitter page several times.

Not sure how him landing at Regina got thrown in. I believe last year NFV JV put a serious beat down on Regina, don't know who all played in that game but that doesn't happen often.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT