ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa Preps High School Sports Talk

LukeFeddersen

Jun 14, 2001
Find out what some of the top players in the state are saying about sports now!

Q&A with West Fork athlete Trevor Guritz
How did the high school football season go overall?
“I feel like it went pretty good even though we ended up being 0-9 but there was still a lot of fight in us.”

What are your plans now with sports and workouts?
“Playing basketball and working out on a regular basis and then when basketball is finished I will move onto track.”

How do you feel your team will do next football season?
“I feel like we could be really good moving into next year. I think we are pretty set with our skilled positions and our line should be good too.”

What team do you feel will be the toughest competition on your schedule?
“Our toughest team will probably end up being West Hancock since they have always been good.”

Who is the toughest individual player your team will face off against?
“The toughest individual would be between Josiah Chibambo and me.”

Q&A with Cedar Falls running back Jacob Kieler
“I feel that the season went pretty well for me and my team. We made another playoff appearance which is always good. We had to overcome a lot of adversity with injuries and I'm proud of how we could handle all that.”

“I plan on just hitting the weight room a lot this off-season. I got a track coming up and getting some off-season work in for that and hoping to do well with that as an individual and a team.”

“With our team this year being mainly senior-dominated, it may be a little more challenging next year. Cedar Falls always finds a way to overcome though and has a history of being a great program.”

“Prairie, Kennedy, Pleasant Valley, and of course the Des Moines schools are always challenging. Just have to go into every game knowing a loss is possible and got to play hard no matter what.”

“There’s a lot of great athletes in 5A. Of course, there’s Kadyn Procter who’s a very well-known player. In the event we have to play Southeast Polk, he would be a challenge.”

Q&A with Waukon quarterback Noah Hatlan
“The season went great overall. We didn’t get the end result we were aiming for, but we took a lot of big steps of improvement from our opening loss to Waverly-Shell Rock to when our season came to an end. The team came together after that loss and we worked hard every week to keep getting better throughout the season. We weren’t ready for the season to end when it did, it was a tough ending. The seniors we had on the team this year were great. They really stepped up and led the team.”

“With sports and workouts I am in the weight room four days a week till next season starts, playing basketball throughout the winter, in the spring I run track which is a great time to get myself better for the season. In the summer I play baseball and we have a speed camp offered 2 days a week through the summer.”

“For next season we have some spots to fill but our coaches do a great job filling those spots and help our team be successful. The team will be ready to work and learn and do what it takes to be a good football team. I think there will be some extra motivation during practices because of how our season ended last year. Us juniors are going to have to step into the leadership role of the seniors and lead the younger guys in the right direction. If that happens I think we’ll have a very good season next year.”

“I would say the toughest team on our schedule next year is going to be Waverly-Shell Rock. They beat us up last year and they return some of their key players for next season.”

“The toughest individual I think we’ll face is McCrae Hagarty from Waverly-Shell Rock. He is a tough fullback and defensive end. He runs hard on offense and makes a lot of plays on defense.”

Q&A with Prairie running back Makelle Taylor
“We had a good season but it didn't turn out how we wanted it to.”

“Play basketball and track to stay in shape and lift as much as possible in the off season.”

“I feel that we can go all the way next year. We have a lot of talent.”

“I haven’t really looked at our schedule for next year but I know there will be a lot of competition in 5A football.”

“I don't know.”

Q&A with Woodbury Central running back Max McGill
“Overall we had a great season this year. We made it to the UNI dome. I believe we were 10-2.”

“I am currently in wrestling and I’ve been working out nonstop for weeks trying to improve myself and myself in the sport.”

“My expectations for next year are the exact same as we had for this year. Play every game to our best ability and with all of our heart and we’ll make it to the dome.”

“I can’t 100% say for sure because I believe every team can bring their own set of skills to the table but I also believe that we are bringing the best we can so, I’m not sure.”

“Again I can’t say for sure because I'm terrible at remembering players and teams.”

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News