ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa City West

LukeFeddersen

Jun 14, 2001
Interim coach Garrett Hartwig now takes over the program without the interim title.

smile.r191677.gif

Oh wait.

I thought Coach Marv Cook was going to take over.

All these internet folks that like to start rumors.
Like I said, you can throw anybody's name in the hat. but unless they sign on the line, its just a name in a hat.

And, from my understanding, Marvin's name was not even in the hat.

Good luck to Coach Hartwig!
He's earned it

You have to think that the reason that Coach Hartwig wasn't immediately given the job was so that they could maybe contact Marv to see if he had any interest.

Still think Hinkel needs a HC job someplace - the guy is a great play caller and knows how to get kids involved.

Interesting that someone else is starting to call people out for making up things about things associated with Regina.

The position was posted; and then re-posted. I know a few were interviewed; and 1 was offered before Hartwig but turned it down.

There was no interest from Marv Cook for the position and West did not reach out to him to apply,

Originally posted by cidhawkeye:
Interesting that someone else is starting to call people out for making up things about things associated with Regina.
big difference between how I feel about Marv as a person and how I feel about Regina.

BIG difference :)

IF you are going to make the claim that someone turned it down before it was offered to Hartwig, then back it up with the name of the person who turned it down. Otherwise, horse-pucky.

Originally posted by On Wings of Eagles:

IF you are going to make the claim that someone turned it down before it was offered to Hartwig, then back it up with the name of the person who turned it down. Otherwise, horse-pucky.
Not a claim, a fact. It was requested he withdraw his name if he was not a candidate post-offer, so it will be left at that.

So, are you saying that of the 4 candidates interviewed, one of which was Hartwig, it was offered to one of the other 3 first who then turned it down? Otherwise, it sounds like you are saying it was offered to someone, he turned it down then it was re-opened to be narrowed down to the final 4 candidates and Hartwig got it. Which is it? I just want to get your story straight.

Originally posted by On Wings of Eagles:

So, are you saying that of the 4 candidates interviewed, one of which was Hartwig, it was offered to one of the other 3 first who then turned it down? Otherwise, it sounds like you are saying it was offered to someone, he turned it down then it was re-opened to be narrowed down to the final 4 candidates and Hartwig got it. Which is it? I just want to get your story straight.
Someone other than Hartwig was offered the position on Feb. 12 and turned down it down on the 16th; Hartwig announcement was made on the 17th. That's the only info I know.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT