ADVERTISEMENT

Gene Schultz Resigns

Anyone else feel like this was totally overlooked and ignored by the media? I mean we're talking about the most wins by a coach of ALL TIME! Where is the recognition?! Sure Kee hasn't been AS solid as past teams or been to state as much or often as past years..but that has nothing to do with when you look at a program or head coaches success overall!

I don't know, maybe I'm wrong..but I just feel or guess I should say felt..that this man deserved a lot more public recognition. Not only from a local crowd but a much larger one too.

I totally agree with you and I believe it will come soon. I figure that when baseball season approaches more recognition will follow. Everyone is in football, wrestling, basketball mode right now. Have they hired his replacement yet? Who have they interviewed?

Thank you for agreeing. You prove a good point that everyone is in other sports modes right now, no doubting that. I just hope to see that recognition come. I've always feared baseball in the state is going to decline and not be as popular as it has been and I think should be in the state of Iowa, especially when every other state plays in the spring.. (which I think is thee stupidest thing you could ever do in the Midwest) ..Anyways, if something like this goes unspoken about..well then, my fear may be looking all too real. There is nothing better than Iowa high school summer baseball!

..and as for a replacement and new hire..I have not heard of anything. Is Kee still holding strong as a school and in enrollment numbers? My original thought to his retirement was that the school was just simply becoming too small..

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT