ADVERTISEMENT

Dream Team... No Meeks?

I am sure that if an official source of the event approached the Meeks it may be considered.
But the particulars of that wouldn't be arranged through you. Also, I don't mind that somehow some of you think Meeks decision is somehow your business, my wife somehow thinks Many of the tv celebrities decisions are somehow her business, to me that is a true testament to how great of a wrestler John Paul Meeks truly is and that itself should makes his parents proud!

I'm not sure what do you mean the more we explain the more ............. Are you suggesting that we stop responding to the comments? I will continue to respond on this subject for the same reasons many of you will continue to respond- because I do not have anything better to do with my time. This subject OMG has becme the most important issue in my life! I now have a new reason to live and to wake up ..........

Posted by Newstart1:

a true testament to how great of a wrestler John Paul Meeks truly is and that itself should makes his parents proud!

Well maybe you should ask them at dinner this evening. Wow! True to form and I love it. I also like your Newstart. You go Meeks!

So to the Meeks' family... Who do you think will be his head coach if and when he enrolls at ISU? Because given that pathetic display on Saturday, I sure as hell don't think KJ will survive after this season. He has been there for three years and one of his biggest problems has been in the selection of some asst. coaches.

If he lasts another year, it will prove to me that Pollard absolutely doesn't give a rats' butt about wrestling.

And to those who say he has a monster recruiting class coming in... it's better then the previous ones, but it sure isn't good enough to be competing for titles in the near future.

In terms of wrestling success... the Meeks' family is going to be regretting that decision for a VERY, VERY long time. Then again... I don't know the specifics of what enticed them to change that early commitment. Could be something completely separate from wrestling!

My question is why KJ would have had ANY input into the decision to avoid Skon? The only thing I could conjure up was that if Meeks would lose and drop in the national rankings... it reduces the rating of ISU's incoming recruiting class and gives KJ absolutely nothing to "hang his hat on" as a reason for retaining his tenuous job status.

As I said earlier... props to guys like Moreno and Clark for their willingness to wrestle highly ranked national kids.

He doesn't know how much he weighs, and who said KJ called it? I keep telling You i called and you won't listen. For my guys that did not cut wt during the season. I don't like the format done it before and I won't do it again. Don't be so fast to criticize unless you are willing to expose yourself so we can decide if your wrestling career is open to be criticized if you ever had one. So again leave KJ and Meeks alone. You don't appear to be concerned about the others who decided not to do it. Again, this is further evidence that John Paul Meeks is a bad dude and you are obsessed with him!

Mr. Newstart1: Go back and read RRF's last post. He stated that KJ was part of the decision. Very few Iowa high school stars have ever avoided this exhibition that takes place in their home State. Are you trying to make us believe the decision to skip wasn't going to raise some eyebrows?

As a higher profile athlete... criticism, good and bad, comes with the territory. Some kids and their families can deal with it and some can't.

As I said earlier... while many of the Iowa kids will be underdogs, I appreciate their willingness to step up to the challenge.

Just because a high school kid is outstanding at his chosen sport does not leave him open to your constant ridicule. Seriously, if you have any experience as a coach or as an athele that you can draw upon that would be helpful in this decision making please share. But for you to hind behind this bd and throw stones at a high school kid is cowardly. Do you live in a glass house well then continue to hide but I bet you couldn't carry KJs nor John Meeks jock strap. Test yourself let's see if you could deal with it. And yes Keith Meeks has had discussions with KJ regarding this issue but as I said I made the call-if I wanted John to wrestle in this event he would be!!

Originally posted by Newstart1:
Just because a high school kid is outstanding at his chosen sport does not leave him open to your constant ridicule. Seriously, if you have any experience as a coach or as an athele that you can draw upon that would be helpful in this decision making please share. But for you to hind behind this bd and throw stones at a high school kid is cowardly. Do you live in a glass house well then continue to hide but I bet you couldn't carry KJs nor John Meeks jock strap. Test yourself let's see if you could deal with it. And yes Keith Meeks has had discussions with KJ regarding this issue but as I said I made the call-if I wanted John to wrestle in this event he would be!!

Just curious, but why are you the one making this decision? Isn't John capable of making this decision for himself? Not saying I think he should or should not wrestle, just curious as to why the decision is not left up to him.

You ask why, it is because that is John Meeks personal trainer, he is the one that has put hours that you can not even count that has gotten John where he is so when you see him on here it is because he is representing and speaking what John is saying so consider those words that he has spoken as John saying them because that is as close as you are going to get to the horses mouth

My opinion regarding these matters carries a lot of wt. this is probably because I been around this sport for very long time, to date my consul has been very accurate and I am very trusted bc John and his family know that I care for him. The point I am trying to make is that if I felt strongly that John should do this event I believe I could talk him into doing it for all the reasons I stated above. Or, if I say I don't like it it is probably not going to happen.
This post was edited on 3/7 4:35 PM by Newstart1
This post was edited on 3/7 5:26 PM by Newstart1

I don't know about anyone else... but the more that I read the posts on this thread, the more I am starting to feel sorry for young Meeks! It appears he has at least two, if not three other people making decisions for him. Now I am not insinuating that these folks don't have his interests at heart, but what ever happened to letting high school kids make their own decisions, and then live with those decisions... right or wrong?

This is starting to look like a "Mike Tyson Entourage" where everyone is living out their childhood dreams through a good athlete. Pretty soon we'll hear that he has sponserships and a tv deal for a reality show.

As more facts come out... this is almost comical.

Yeah and you care about him. He's successful with his support and you have been hiding behind this bd and putting down. Who have you helped with their career.Mr. Expert?p>This post was edited on 3/7 4:41 PM by Newstart1
This post was edited on 3/7 4:56 PM by Newstart1

to mitch// here is the bottom line, you and all of the rest of the hawks (the ones that are runnin your mouth about a kid only because you cant get him to do what you want him tot do) - you can say john is avoiding, hiding, scaed of a butt wupin, hiding his ranking which is all bull crap because those that know John they will tell you that it is not true. why dont you guys shutyour mouths long enough to ask wrestlers that know him if they think that what you all are saying is true, i think they just might tell you a different story, ask guys that know the sport and know John and been around him as a person and a wrestler - ask Marlin Willie M, Clark, Sorenson, Montell, Cody Caldwell, Bauer Ryan, Laux, Hernandez ask some coaches Like Steve Knight, Christinson ( the fargo and dual team coaches,and the Grandview coaches - aske just these people (who know what the are talking about) see what they might say since they have a closer view and knowledge of the real john meeks - until you guys do your home work it would be better off for you to shut the heck up
This post was edited on 3/7 9:05 PM by rough rider fan

1st, I will state for the record I am a HAWK fan. 2nd, I would have preferred to have John on the team. 3rd, if the Meeks family does not want to participate in this event, it is their choice. John does not owe us anything, or even an explanation as to their choice. Lastly, I wish John the best of luck in his up coming college career, and I look forward to seeing him on the podium in the near future.

So should I ask Clark, Laux, Miklus and Bauer why they are wrestling with these rediculos weigh-ins. Their opponents will be like 20 pounds heavier then them not to mention ranked higher. Weight minute I think I know why...

Mr Meeks sounds like you take the message boards a little to serious maybe you should take a break for say the next 5 years or so. I think it will be better for you and John. You dont need to come on here and defend yourself or your son, but everytime you post you open yourself up.

"maybe you should take a break for say the next 5 years or so. I think it will be better for you and John"

Worried about the malignancy of the entourage and its effects on ISU, as well.

Absolutely no one is directly criticizing young Meeks. The criticism has been directed at his handlers. Reread who made these decisions to skip.

I'm sure John is a hard worker and will have success at the collegiate level.

And I agree that parents of athletes should never read OR post on message boards. These forums are for the fans. In fact... no one with a personal stake should probably post.

All of our opinions were given to John he respects our opinions and experience. Then John made the call. Since I am against the event and told him so I am willing to shoulder the blame to protect John from idiots who have no life.

Who are the idiots that have no life? By your last post I am confused are you protecting John from the anonomous board posters or are you protecting John from the idiots running the meet since you do not like the event?

So I was looking over the lineups again for this event and i noticed something.

Dream Team Roster at 220 (No. 4 Michael Kroells (Scott West, Minn.) and Hwt No. 3 Austin Goergen (Caledonia, Minn.) bot wrestled Hwt at the Minnesota state tournament. I thought you had to wrestle the weight you wrestled at your state tournament?

Is it possible that Meeks and Bauer could of switched weights for this event?

Do not think we need to go slingin names at people for posting their opinions. What does newstart1 stand for the new start at urbandale or the new start at valley or the new start at roosevelt or is there going to be a new start next year.

Not for opinions but maybe for attacks. by the way I love the event I just don't like my kids to participate in it if they wrestled their normal weight, their street wt, for the state tourn, the weigh in format works against them, thats my opinion, in this case my opinion counts.

This post was edited on 3/10 7:06 AM by Newstart1
This post was edited on 3/10 7:13 AM by Newstart1

I will say, seeing meeks wrestle skon would be a great much to see. However, meeks is a class act in my opinion and has nothing to prove to the people that hate on him so much. People want to see meeks lose so badly, and when you talk to the kid, he's one of the most humble people out there. Mr. Meeks shouldn't have to get on here and defend his family's decision. He's proved himself 168 times, with 4 state titles. Besides, we will see those two wrestle in the near future. I wish nothing but the best for the meeks family, and no I'm not a cyclone fan.

Originally posted by Dr. Common Knowledge:
I will say, seeing meeks wrestle skon would be a great much to see. However, meeks is a class act in my opinion and has nothing to prove to the people that hate on him so much. People want to see meeks lose so badly, and when you talk to the kid, he's one of the most humble people out there. Mr. Meeks shouldn't have to get on here and defend his family's decision. He's proved himself 168 times, with 4 state titles. Besides, we will see those two wrestle in the near future. I wish nothing but the best for the meeks family, and no I'm not a cyclone fan.

Its not that everyone wants to see him lose, hell he would be wrestling for TEAM IOWA in a national event. I am a huge Hawkeye fan and for this event I would love to see John win, weather it be against an Iowa recruit or not.

As for the comment above about "I love the event I just dont like my kids to participate in it if they wrestled their normal weight..." This really does not make any sense at all. Did you forget that John is signed up for the Dapper Dan which has very similar weigh in requirements?

Stop defending your decision. He is NOT wrestling in the event thats good enough.

Newstart... A lot of people posting on this board (and just reading) are very knowledgable wrestling fans, wrestlers and coaches. They want to see John Meeks showcase his awesome talents against the nations best. Simple.

For you to vault yourself into this as the "respected decider" proves how important you really think you are.

To state simply that he is not doing it obviously was not enough for most of you. And yes I did not decide it but my opinion not to do it did carry some wt in the decision not to do it. Also, the weigh-in format for the second event is indeed different in our opinion different enough -although it is not ideal we decided to go with it. If you need to vent, complain or whatever bring it to me. Please leave the Meeks family alone let them have some peace.
This post was edited on 3/12 12:53 AM by Newstart1

You can all be left alone by simply turning off your computer or not signing on. Pretty simple. Seems to me that some people likr to waste a space on the message boards to make confrintation.

i.e. YOU, same to you! But it's over with- he is not doing it -done deal. So considering that do you think it is a waste of message bd space to continue to obsess over it. The more obsession over this issue is the proof of his great impact as a wrestler to all of us. Get over it!
This post was edited on 3/12 7:58 AM by Newstart1
This post was edited on 3/12 8:00 AM by Newstart1

John Meeks is one class young man. Noone is disputing that. So, he's not wrestling in some 'super match.' Speculate all you want as to all the reasons that were given. The choice has already been made. ENOUGH!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT