ADVERTISEMENT

Danny Muller Resigns at SEP

zmac328

Freshman
Aug 26, 2007
Story broke at around 11pm tonight.

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/story/sports/high-school/2015/01/20/southeast-polk-football-denny-muller-resigns/22034245/

Re: Denny Muller Resigns at SEP

No surprise he "resigned." During games he seemed to be detached from
what was going on right in front of him on the field while his assistants did
all the coaching. Guess the new AD decided to make a change.

Verbum Dei

AMDG

Re: Denny Muller Resigns at SEP

Interesting how "delegation" is often confused with "detached" - would love to have video of Denny Mueller and Jerry Pezzetti coaching side-by-side to see how "detached" each is.

Both have excellent assistants who run their offensive and defensive units and allow them to oversee game action, but it always seems to fall on Mueller being "detached".

The new AD had as much to do with this change as the AD at Centennial will have in Pezzetti's retirement - which is little to none.

Coach Mueller stepped down from his football coaching responsibilities due to family challenges and I applaud him for making this difficult decision and thank him for his outstanding commitment and service to Southeast Polk football.

I think that this is something that most small school fans don't realize, at a small school the head coach has to be in charge of something or there just won't be enough coaches, where as at a big school with many more coaches it is common to see a more college like head coach. I wonder what some would think that the CR Washington and Jefferson coaches both coach from the press box.

I watch a 1A school where the head coach may appear detached during the game. The coaching has been done prior to game day.

Originally posted by cidhawkeye:
I watch a 1A school where the head coach may appear detached during the game. The coaching has been done prior to game day.
I guess when you're hung like a horse you better swing it around a few times just to make sure everybody knows

Southeast Polk Rams head football coach Denny Mueller has announced that he stepped down immediately citing family and health reasons. He plans to continue teaching math and serving as an assistant girls' track coach.

Denny Mueller went 92-50 in thirteen seasons, which included nine playoff appearances. His highest finish came in 2006 when he guided the team all the way to the championship game. They did not end up winning the championship game as they lost 21-6 to Cedar Rapids Xavier.

This past season, he went 6-5 in Class 4A District 1 and finished in second place which was good enough to qualify for the playoffs. The Rams ended up loosing in the 2nd Round to Waukee.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT