ADVERTISEMENT

Best 2a Baseball Team?

Without a doubt North Fayette Valley. They didnt graduate many kids and return all but like 1 maybe 2 starters. I think they have a chance at going all the way as long as their pitchers dont throw meat and let Rommes go yard on them.

I could see Jared Kerr sneak into the starting lineup. The kid made a joke out of JV last year. HR7/RBI58/AVG.634

I could see Jared Kerr sneak into the starting lineup. The kid made a joke out of JV last year. HR7/RBI58/AVG.634

Im going with Jared VanSickle on this one. The Senior from NFV hasn't had a chance to make a big name of himself yet. Last year he nearly hit 3 home runs in batting practice last year and is using that as motivation to crack a couple dingers this year.

Nice try. I'd go with one of the following:

South Winn
Dyersville Beckman
New Hampton
North Polk

Nothing against NFV (they're a good team), but these teams are a step above them.

It will be interesting to see South Winn, NFV, and New Hampton all in the same district. Could be some fireworks.

Originally posted by valley_pride:
Im going with Jared VanSickle on this one. The Senior from NFV hasn't had a chance to make a big name of himself yet. Last year he nearly hit 3 home runs in batting practice last year and is using that as motivation to crack a couple dingers this year.

Dad, I told you to stop posting on the message boards!

You definitely have to put Clear Lake in that conversation. 3A champs in 2013 (over 3/4 of that team is still there), 3 straight 30 win seasons, and lost only two seniors (only one played regularly) from last year's team. Now dropping to 2A, they are an instant top 10 team with everyone a year older. Very big senior class this upcoming year, so they will be quite the veteran team.

I get that North Polk has been good year after year. But I just don't see how you can place them on the pedestal going into this next year based on who they graduated.

If you look at their roster from last year they graduated 8 of their 10 starters and only one non-Senior pitcher all year pitched more than 1 inning.

So who they have coming back are 2 starters, one of whom also pitched a fair amount last year but also only hit 0.194 on the year. The rest will be all new.

I know NP sits just a couple of miles to the north of Centennial in Ankeny. Will the Comets see a drop off in open enrollment talent now that there are more baseball opportunities in Ankeny with the two high schools?

Or is Coach Middleton's program always been strong enough in it's own right.

I happen to think it's the latter, but interested in the group's thoughts.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT