ADVERTISEMENT

Ankeny

mtdew_fever

All District
Jul 14, 2004
What happened to Sam Pickard? He played the first handful of games this year, but hasn't played since then.

Actually, I just heard he quit to focus on football.....which I believe he'll be attending Iowa Western CC. Odd that he decides to go out and play a handful of games only to quit and focus on football. One would think that kind of decision would easily be made before the start of the season.

I was thinking the same thing. Didn't he open enroll to North Polk, un-open enroll-or whatever the term would be, go out for baseball and take a spot that they could be developing some other young man at, then quit. Seems like an odd set of events doesn't it???? Please don't take any of my words as criticism, I don't know his reasons or the whole story, just strikes me as an atypical situation.

Yeah, not the typical situation.

He lives in Ankeny, open en-rolled at North Polk with his brother for several years and was a contributor on North Polk's state runner up baseball team......then two weeks later he was already practicing with Ankeny's football team.

He's definitely a talent, but I just thought it was odd he quit baseball after a month of practicing/playing with the team to concentrate of football.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT