ADVERTISEMENT

Aaron Wernimont

Mar 19, 2012
I had the honor of coaching Aaron Wernimont during his first three years of high school. He was a wrestling champion and a champion in life.

Recently, a few of his classmates decided to start a campaign for creating a foundation in Aaron's memory. Initially, they are planning an award and scholarship for a deserving Pocahontas High School graduate, then branching into something to benefit the wrestling community. A note from Mitch Parker to the Pocahontas faculty is below as well as a link to the foundation website. Please consider a donation or forward this message to anyone who might be interested. Thank you,

Dusty Rhodes

Dear Staff,

Several of Aaron Wernimont’s friends from Pocahontas are in the process of setting up a foundation in Aaron’s honor. Nate Behrendsen and Jake Holtorf from the class of 2004 are heading the foundation up. The first goal of their foundation is to award a scholarship annually to a student who graduates from our high school. They have started this process already and have created a website listed below for people to contribute. They are planning out other possibilities with the foundation, but this is their focus right now. Jake asked me to send this out to the staff members in our school district. He and Nate wanted me to thank you for your support! If you have questions you can call Jake Holtorf at the number listed below.

Thanks,

Mitch Parker

Thanks,
Jake Holtorf

(319) 333-6636

Aaron Wernimont Foundation

Dusty Rhodes- How you doing man? Don't come on the wrestling board much but saw your post. Hope all is well.

From what I have found on the internet the cause of his death was yet to be determined.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT