All Conference
Dec 4, 2008
Clarke 1-12
Central Decatur 7-13
Nodaway Valley 8-9
I-35 8-6
W Central-Stuart 10-9
Mt Ayr 11-8

How can the state justify putting all of these teams into the same District without 1 "good" team? I glanced at some of their schedules and none looked particularly difficult.

Yeah ..they are terrible at separating out districts in all classes. Some districts have 3-4 solid teams and then you have districts like the one you mentioned... Makes for a boring substate. It can also make for a boring state tournament game too if that district is paired up with another weak one.

This might be an area where combining the boys and girls unions could help because the girls are way better than the boys in Boone.

There are not exactly a lot of 2A schools in that area. The options were fairly limited. You COULD have sent NV, MA over to play with Clarinda, CA, Shenandoah, but then you'd have to pull CBSA and Treynor out of that district because of distance from the others. Once you do that, we'd be having the same conversation about that district. I would call that a logical answer to how the state can justify the pairings, without getting into moving CD/Clarke to District 12 and other possible scenarios. Is not getting a district title banner really working people up that much, or is there something else that is pissing people off that I'm missing?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT