ADVERTISEMENT

1A 195 wrestling

ihawk2014

Freshman
Aug 19, 2012
just wondering what everybodys thinking of who will be the state champ at this wrestling class... Dillion Pigsley from eddville-blakeburg has to be the favorite to win... Kid can lift a ton... Squats 472 x10, Bench 305 x5, and cleans 315 x4

Really, you are promoting someone as a potential state champ on his weight room stats, even though he didn't even qualify for districts last year?
Posted from Rivals Mobile

well this kid has made an amazing improvement over the off-season and I don't see why this kid doesn't make it on the podium this coming winter

Originally posted by ihawk2014:
well this kid has made an amazing improvement over the off-season and I don't see why this kid doesn't make it on the podium this coming winter
But you called him "the favorite to win." Sounds like you're a proud little brother.

Pigsley is very tough. I believe he moved out of state last year and that is why he didn't qualify in Iowa.

Ihawk would have had more credibility with me if he had mentioned Pigsley's 32-10 record as a freshman or his 34-7 mark/4th place finish in Arizona last season. Five of the top six 2012 195 pound medalists return, so he'll be doing well to equal his medal from AZ this winter. Watched a YouTube video and he does have a good low attack.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

I have to admit that I am not quite as familiar with the 1A field, but do know that it will take a good wrestler to beat McCartan from E'Burg. Very athletic.

Not a fan of the youtube video that is out there with the smartass comments throughout the video. The kid looks tough tho but how well is his conditioning? Looks like he has decent technique but resorts to using his strength first before skill.. My guess is that he will run into someone that is just as talented (if not more talented) and is in better condition and will win. He will be on the podium tho, I think...

How do you even have this conversation without mentioning the returning Champ (Cade Jones from West Branch) or Ryan Parmely (Maquoketa Valley)?

Jones had a tough one point match last weekend at a tourny with a kid from East Buchanan that I dont think is ranked.

Jones, Hawkins and Pigsley all at the Tri-County tourney, should be an interesting day. Don't count out Hawkins at 195 this season.

Hawkins beat Jones 4-1 in their championship match this past weekend. Pigsley did not wrestle at 195 but he did win at 182.
This post was edited on 12/10 8:45 PM by SICL Cares

Parmely was up 4-0 with 15 secs left. Interesting and amazing comeback by Jones. 6 points were as follows: 2nd stalling, escape, td on the edge as time expired, td on poor Parmely shot in OT. Parmely dominated 5:45 of that match. Parmely appeared to be the better technical wrestler and was extremely physical. Jones is very athletic and seemed to draw energy off a very loud WB crowd which was right in front of the finals mat. The match was all but over, but hats off to Jones....there is no quit in that kid.

I was surprised how the stalling calls went, You could have hit both kids with stall calls.

For what it's worth, the Fearsome Eagle Beasts' 195 ain't bad and can hold his own with most anyone. Just sayin'

Though Hawkins lost by injury default to Hoffman, I was very surprised to see that he was losing to Hoffman before he got injured. But there will be no doubt that he will come back better than ever next year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT